As a Manager of Internal Controls, you'll tap into your audit experience in this rewarding position at CDW UK.
In this internal audit role, you will be responsible for coordinating and delivering internal audit services as part of the Business Process Assurance (BPA) team and interface with coworkers, third party internal audit providers, and external auditors in their delivery of services. An integral part of this role is to provide advice on internal control to management and provide recommendations for business process enhancements.What you will do: Be a consultative advisor to internal stakeholders to assist with implementation of controls and business process enhancements.
What we expect of you: The detail-oriented analytical thinker we seek is an adept time manager with these qualifications.
- Coordinate and interface with external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
- Perform audit procedures to verify that controls are operating through testing and analysis and conclude on control effectiveness and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Plan, organize and execute on operational, financial, regulatory and compliance related internal control assessments aligned to enterprise risks.
- Oversee and manage completion of SOX controls testing by third party audit resources.
- Oversee and manage completion of internal control enhancements as necessary.
- Build relationships with the business owners across various functions to recommend enhancements and prioritize new processes designed to reduce costs, increase productivity and establish best practice benchmarks.
- Participate in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and support the internal audit planning process.
- Continuously improve internal audit procedures through technology, continuous monitoring, data analytics and use of agile methodology.
Who we are:
- Bachelors Degree
- Professional accountancy qualifications, internal audit and/or internal control qualifications
- 3+ years of audit experience; 6+ years of applicable professional experience overall
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to financial reporting and business process/operational controls
- Strong background in identifying risks, controls and opportunities for improvements associated with business processes, developing and executing audit test plans, and drafting audit reports with summary results for executives.
- Strong project management experience with history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
CDW is a leading technology solutions provider to business, government, education and healthcare organizations in Canada, the United States, and the United Kingdom. Our fingerprints can be found on technology in workplaces of more than 250,000 companies; from fresh-faced startups to international conglomerates. With the breadth of products and services we offer, there is no request too big or too small. A unified team of challenge takers, diverse thinkers, and problem solvers, we believe when you enjoy what you do and who you do it with, you do your best work. And that means everyone wins.