We are on the market for a DevOps Engineer / Deployment Engineer for this market leading, global technology company.
This is a great opportunity to join this growing team and support company growth. We are looking for proactive, can-do, team focused individuals, who enjoy working in Agile teams.
The role fits in the Product Delivery team, within the global Technology function, working to ensure the delivery of a world-class experience for all customers globally.
What you will do...
· Work with Product Delivery squads to implement, enhance and manage continuous integration practices
· Work with Product Delivery squads to design release and deployment pipelines; and hold responsibility for the management, delivery and improvement of deployments into production.
· Support the automated deployment of infrastructure into cloud platforms.
· Take a leading role in the design, integration and implementation of monitoring tools for the platforms, seeking continual improvement and ensuring effective transition into Operational Support.
· Be the point of expertise, escalation and authority in the use of tooling for delivery and operations usage.
· Use your development skills and design new processes and procedures for tooling integration with application and cloud infrastructure.
· Liaise closely with other Product Delivery Centres of Excellence and Operational Support to design, build and implement operability and supportability of production best practice for production systems.
· Provide a best in class 3rd Line support for strategic core platforms, optimising performance and reliability.
· Share your personal knowledge and experience to uplift skills and competencies of team members and colleagues in your expert area.
· Proactively identify trends to address problems before they become incidents.
· Continually develop skills, competencies and knowledge to support your personal development and actively participate in setting and achieving performance objectives for self, team and technology.
To enable you to be successful, we are looking for...
· Experience working in a DevOps culture, understanding importance of business drivers and use of tooling to deliver value work streams
· Proven experience supporting Cloud based solutions (technology agnostic, Google Cloud and AWS preferred)
· Proven design experience implementing tools and processes, specifically relating to monitoring and distributed tracing.
· Excellent knowledge and proven experience implementing continuous integration, continuous deployment and integrating application monitoring tools
· Experience with containerisation and/or serverless components (Kubernetes strongly preferred) or the ability to demonstrate a deep understanding supporting and monitoring 1000's of service components.
· Experience of APM/Monitoring tools i.e. InfluxDB and Prometheus
· Experience with distributed tracing tools, i.e. OpenTracing, Zipkin
· Experience with Continuous Integration Tooling i.e. GitLab, Jenkins TeamCity
· Experience with of Release and Deployment Tooling (such as Spinnaker, Harness.io, Azure Devops or Octopus)
· Experience with Infrastructure as Code and configuration management tools (such as Chef, Terraform, Saltstack)
· Strong scripting skills and/or experience of code languages (such as Bash, Powershell, Python)
· Familiarity with administrating relational databases and NoSQL
· A good understanding of common Operating Systems i.e. Windows server, Linux(Ubuntu)
· Ability to work to deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent collaborative and communication skills
· Experience of Agile delivery working practices.
This role will require you to be onsite working with the team 2 - 3 days per week, once normal working practices resume.
If you are an ambitious DevOps / Deployment engineer, apply today - I look forward to talking you through the role in more detail.