Our Creative departments create award-winning, socially led, shareable ideas that affect culture, and our Resourcing team is crucial to making our work a success. We're looking for an experienced Traffic/Resource Manager to join our existing Traffic/Resource team of three. You will need previous agency (or equivalent) experience, and will need to be able to demonstrate the ability to think strategically about resource planning and management.
Our agency is a fast-moving environment, with lots of changing goalposts every day and we're looking for someone who enjoys working in a fast-paced company where you will be busy every day. You will own roughly a fourth of the work going through the agency and be responsible for ensuring all resourced individuals in your teams are booked, and that their time is managed and utilised efficiently each day.
You will have at least three years experience working within creative services or resource departments and must be used to managing multiple creative teams at any given time.What does the role involve?
What are we looking for?
- Liaise daily with Project Managers/Producers & Account Managers to understand all booking requirements across internal and external (freelance) resources
- Ensuring Client Services have client approvals for projects and all job numbers and costs are approved
- Manage your assigned departments daily, their workloads, progress and bottlenecks, process of internal approvals and meeting deadlines
- Manage deadlines for multiple projects and prioritise for the agency requirements
- Make recommendations on which resource is best suited to the work coming through the agency and liaise with the relevant Department Heads for getting approvals
- Ensure time management of all resources within your Group
- Update Client Service teams if there are delays or issues with their work being completed on time
- Work with the senior team managers/Department Heads to prioritise work going through the agency if there is a need to escalate decisions re. resource utilisation
- Attend and chair weekly WiP meetings to gather a detailed view of the workload going through the agency, relevant to your departments
- Ensure timesheets are completed for your departments
- Understand and ensure financial efficiencies for each department, working closely with the finance department and relevant Department Heads
- Assist the Heads of Departments in the day-to-day duties to run the department
- With the rest of the Creative Services team maintain and continue to develop the agency's existing freelance database
- Ensure all administration associated with team members, whether new perm team members or freelancers is completed, including contracts, NDAs and timesheets
- Working strategically with other senior employees in the agency on longer-term initiatives, including improved ways of working, processes, development of new tools etc.
Why should you join our team?
- 3 years Traffic Management/Resourcing experience in an agency or equivalent environment is required
- You must be solutions driven, proactive and approachable by nature
- A confident decision maker for resource allocations
- Be able to demonstrate strategic thinking for resource management
- Be used to working across multiple teams incl. several creative departments at any given time
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Able to prioritise in busy times and not easily flustered
- Excellent time management skills incl. ability ability to effectively establish what to do yourself and what to delegate
- Great organisational skills; a natural 'fixer' of problems
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience of working with a resource management tool is beneficial
- 23 days holiday, increasing by one day for each year of service
- Private Medical Insurance
- Company pension scheme
- Group Income Protection
- Optional Dental Insurance
- Financial advice services
- Corporate Social Responsibility - time given to volunteer for a charity of your choice
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Season ticket loan scheme
- Long Service Awards - at 3, 5 & 10 years
- Optional sabbaticals after 3 and 5 years
- Summer hours