FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.Job Description
The FireEye Designated Support Engineer (DSE) provides the best possible customer service to the company's most important customers. They bring deep knowledge of FireEye products, related technologies and their customers' deployments to solve problems quickly and provide proactive guidance. DSEs are the most elite role in FireEye's customer support organization, with advanced technical, problem solving, account management and customer interaction skills. To that end, DSEs support a small set of customers, typically no more than 4. This very senior role has wide discretion to act in the best interest of their customers, including going on-site themselves and orchestrating assistance from any other FireEye technical support, professional services, sales or engineering organizations. Most frequently, DSEs will be based in proximity to their customers to build relationships through face-to-face interactions and onsite assistance. As the most senior members of the customer support organization, DSEs also mentor the more junior members of the Technical Support team and help them develop their technical and customer interaction skills.Responsibilities
- Serve as first contact for technical support issues.
- Lead escalation response.
- Drive elimination of any customer or internal bottlenecks impeding problem resolution.
- Develop ongoing relationship with customer and become their advocate.
- Provide proactive guidance and encourage adoption and assist in deployment of new product releases.
- Manage the status and internal and customer communications of service requests, product requests, defects, customer project plans, etc.
- Collaborate with support management to orchestrate support response beyond the DSEs direct capability.
- Conduct regular reviews (at least quarterly) of service delivery quality, industry threat assessments and solicit feedback on service delivery and product capabilities and quality.
- Manage the logistical aspects of any events, on-sites, or remotely attended customer facing events in order to fulfill Platinum Plus agreement obligations.
- Travel to customer sites to expedite problem resolution, provide FireEye visibility, facilitate communication and project manage initiatives.
- Work with the field to develop sales activities.
- Interface with FireEye's Product Managers on behalf of assigned accounts.
- 10+ years of related experience
- Demonstrated proficiency with security as it relates to several of the following:
- Intrusion Detection;
- Security tools and technologies;
- Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- Strong endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management;
- Desired security network, and systems related professional certifications are a plus;
- Microsoft Windows.
- Linux, Unix System administration, TCP/IP, DNS, and troubleshooting experience.
- C/C++, Java, Ruby experience.
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.).
- Fundamental understanding of an operating system; for example, understands job control, soft and hard links or shortcuts, distinctions between the kernel and the user environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers.
- Ability to determine problems and deliver solutions with a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Excellent communication skills, self-motivated, self-starter, sense of urgency, personable, extroverted personality, well organized, attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills
- Enjoys problem solving and displays an eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Packet trace analysis.
- HTML, scripting and programming experience are desirable.
- Ability to document calls and write FAQ and short instructional technical documents essential
- Experience working with and supporting Fortune 500 companies.
- Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.
- Must be proactive.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Must be success oriented.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science