Autumnal partners are currently exclusively recruiting on behalf of a multi award winning Hedge Fund. Our client is seeking to recruit a qualified accountant to join their fund control and analysis team.
The business currently has in excess of £15bn of assets under management and runs a broad range of macro strategies.
The role represents an excellent opportunity to join a growing fund manager which is embarking on a number of new projects and developing significant new revenue streams.Key Responsibilities:
Skills and Experience:
- Generating, interpreting and reporting risk, performance and financial information to traders, portfolio managers and investors. Reports will be prepared from raw data and for example will include; detailed investor newsletters, attribution of returns, exposures and any ad hoc queries from investors.
- Monitoring and reconciling fund performance and exposures on a daily basis;
- Preparing and reviewing risk and performance metrics to meet regulatory reporting requirements;
- Reviewing NAV statements prepared by the fund administrators which includes; reviewing detailed fee calculations, individual position valuations, reconciliations and accruals.
- Responsible for the daily / weekly processes of the fund such as; working with administrators to resolve issues, manage the fund invoice payments process etc.
- Taking responsibility for the funds' audits, liaising with the administrators and auditors as well as ensuring annual tax filings and other regulatory filing requirements are met. Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts e.g. fund administrators, auditors, prime brokers
- Formulating and implementing automated solutions to meet reporting requirements
- Recently Qualified accountant with first time passes with experience of auditing or fund accounting for a hedge fund or alternative investment fund. The client is also happy to consider candidates with product control/trading book accounting backgrounds.
- Strong analytical skills - the ability to analyse complex financial data and design and produce effective management information;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to convey complex financial information to non-finance professionals;
- Demonstrable experience of working autonomously, however ultimately delivering within a team structure.
- An interest in financial markets and willingness to increase knowledge base through CPD etc.