We are looking for a dynamic, energetic and ambitious Senior Accountant to join our fast-paced and growing finance team at Aptean. As a senior accountant, you will have a key role in ensuring the statutory compliance for our entities in EMEA. You will work with our close-knit finance team in our Sheffield office as well as our wider global organization to ensure excellence within your role and suggest areas for improvement.
This role will suit a part qualified accountant with strong financial accounting and analysis experience. You will have experience of dealing with external auditors and tax advisors, as well as experience of forming relationships both internally and externally to your team and department. We are looking for energetic go-getters who want to make a difference within a business and grow with a global software organization.
Aptean is a global organization, providing very specific ERP, supply chain management and customer experience solutions to multiple industries. This is a great opportunity to join a growing, global organization and elevate your finance career.Key Responsibilities
- Co-ordinating and assisting UK and local advisors with the preparation of the local financial statements.
- Assisting with co-ordinating audits in UK, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland, France and Finland, ensuring internal teams respond to data requests, assisting with any issues and also ensuring auditors meet agreed timeline.
- Assistance with preparation of year end tax returns, calculation of UK quarterly instalment and coordinating with local advisors to ensure tax compliance in Denmark, Ireland, Belgium, France, Netherlands, Spain, Finland and Sweden.
- Supervising the filing of VAT returns for all countries noted above, dealing with any external and internal queries, ensuring compliance.
- Assisting with any ad-hoc tax compliance issues, researching with advisors and co-ordinating with internal teams any changes in processes required.
- Ensuring transfer pricing calculations are accurate, co-ordinating with internal teams if revisions to calculation required.
- Ensuring tax and audit fee accrual is accurate and co-ordinating with GL team in case of revision.
- Assist with EMEA accounting and reconciliations.
- ACA part qualified preferably
- Strong financial accounting experience
- Strong IT skills including excel modelling
- Ability to achieve continuous improvements in process and efficiency
- Deadline focused and results orientated
- Organised with strong focus on detail but with an ability to prioritise
- Strong teamwork ethic