You will work to develop reporting packs, dashboards, and data warehouses, which support the creation and provision of high-quality management information for internal and external customers at Ascenti.
This important work plays a pivotal role in helping Ascenti to maintain strong service standards and relationships with clients and partners, at the same time as providing our senior leaders with the information they need to steer the business effectively. How your role fits within our team
Reporting into the MI Team Manager you will work closely with 2 data analysts who are predominantly responsible for the manipulation and extraction of of data to produce regular and ad hoc MI reports.
You will also work closely with key departments including the Ascenti Digital team and liaise with stakeholders and reporting leads across the business to meet the MI needs. Key responsibilities
Knowledge, experience and qualificationsKnowledgeEssential
- Producing reporting packs and processes as part of the team's MI portfolio and customer commitments.
- Developing reports, spreadsheets and dashboards using SQL and a range of data visualisation techniques and tools.
- Reacting to customer requirements quickly to meet deadlines and help the team prioritise regular and ad-hoc tasks across monthly MI cycles.
- Working with our digital and engineering teams to build data warehouses, increase automation and promote best practices as part of the team's digital transformation.
- Meeting with customers to scope new methods of reporting and co-ordinate the request of any necessary system changes.
- Automate the monitoring of data integrity checks and legal compliance checks for our datasets.
- Assisting in training, supporting, and providing feedback to team members.
- Engage in the peer review and release process.
- Any other related duties as and when required.
- SQL development experience with a thorough understanding of writing SQL statements against structured and unstructured datasets.
- Excel power-user, ability to work with complex formulas and pivot tables.
- Knowledge of good data protection and management practices.
- Solid background and experience working in data analysis, computer science or statistics.
- An active interest in the technology industry and the application of technology to statistical techniques.
- Previous experience with data visualisation tools such as Power BI, Tableau etc.
- Relevant sector experience or evidence of working with patient / healthcare data previously.
- Relevant further education or training, or equivalent working experience within data analysis.
- Evidence of continued professional development or training.
We care about doing the right thing by our people and everyone that we work with.
We also expect our people to do the right thing and to model the behaviours outlined in our Code of Conduct.
As an Ascenti employee you will follow key principles and policies covering Safeguarding, Equality Diversity and Inclusion, Data Protection and Risk Management.