Established 25 years ago, Millgate now has a wide range of clients across the public and private sectors, including retail, distribution, healthcare, education, transport and more.
We have learned and evolved over that time and have developed a reputation as an effective and trusted technology adviser to our clients, able to understand their requirements and provide the very best solutions to help them succeed.
We do this by committing to a very simple guiding ethos. Clients should expect that we deliver on the fundamental requirement that any tech product, service or solution we recommend or implement into their business actually works.
At Millgate, our culture is based upon shared common values, not least of which is our effective service ethic. We understand that when a group of talented and committed individuals combine forces in pursuit of a common goal that anything is possible.
Anybody can be part of a team, but it takes a group of exceptional people to be part of a high performing team. Which is why we set a high bar for anybody considering joining us. If successful, from that point on we work hard to challenge, recognise and reward you so that you may grow with us.
Our drive for growth is based upon the concept of Continuous And Never-Ending Improvement (CANEI) and so should you wish to improve individually or simply wish to contribute to a high performing team for some or all of the next 25 years, Millgate will be a supportive environment.
• Be the escalation point of contact for level 2 engineers and continuously review their workloads
• A proactive approach to supporting wider team with technical challenges
• Taking ownership of client issues and resolving or escalating as needed
• Take responsibility for upskilling and developing 1st & 2nd line capability
To interface with end users by telephone, email and Connectwise/Team Viewer/Log Me In
• Provide excellent service to end users and set expectations based on client and company processes
• To manage all service requests to agreed resolution times (SLAs)
• Maintain Connectwise & IT Glue with all relevant and up to date detailed information
• Proactively resolve any recurring technical challenges
• Client facing documentation
• Diagnose and contribute recommendations towards remediating IT security, networking and infrastructure issues
• Solving complex issues
• In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8 & 10), as well as Microsoft Office versions
• Ability to carry out detailed remote IT and peripheral diagnostics
• Knowledge of Windows Server environments, Active Directory & Azure
• Some understanding of SQL application(s)
• Experience of utilising service desk management software
• In-depth knowledge and experience within virtualisation technology
• Able to diagnose, remediate and advise upgrades for back-up technologies
• Troubleshoot, deploy and configure applications, such as security software
• Extensive technical knowledge of firewalls, VPNs, general networking
• SANs and storage software
• Works interdependently with all relevant functions (Sales; Service implementation and delivery; Commercial; Marketing; Training)
• Contribute to creating a good team atmosphere
• Embraces personal challenges • Is resilient, optimistic and open to change
• Collaborative approach
• Self-motivated, flexible and works well under pressure
• Appetite for continuous personal development
Personal Attributes and Millgate's Core Values:
You must demonstrate or aspire to uphold our core values:
• Be Humble • Be Hungry • Be Smart • Be Agile • Be Curious • Exceptional personal and professional Integrity
Package Millgate offers an incredible package of benefits, ranging from our competitive salaries, through to current care and future financial stability for you and your family with our healthcare and pension schemes.
• Negotiable basic, dependent upon experience
• Laptop and mobile phone
• Contributing pension scheme
• Private healthcare
• 20+ holidays
• Tailored training and development plans
• Real opportunities for progression