We are looking to grow our Pricing team and a unique opportunity has arisen for Data Scientists to join us here at Prima UK. Our roots are in Italy where our first insurance products launched and disrupted the market in 2015. We now boast over 1 million active clients worldwide and achieved a €100M investment from Goldman Sachs and Blackstone in 2018.
Our success is underpinned by industry-leading analytical capabilities enabled by a modern, agile tech infrastructure. We are looking to replicate this success in the UK and are looking to build a best-in-class Pricing team, which is why we need you.
The successful candidate will report into the Head of Pricing and will work closely with the Tech team to provide solutions that deliver excellent commercial performance and that are implementable within relatively tight deadlines. We are looking for a "solution finder" who is hungry for growth and career progression.
Responsibilities will include the following, but may develop to reflect both ability and the strategy of the business:
· Play a pivotal role in analysing data acquired from 3rd parties as well as information from our Italian business to develop our first UK price tariff, using cutting edge analytical techniques
· Work closely with developers to ensure the tech stack is built in the best possible way to ensure accurate implementation of the algorithms and a high degree of flexibility in making future changes
· Once the business is live, continue improving the tariff as more performance data is received and new data sources and analytical tools are introduced.
· 1-4 years' experience
· Quant background (maths, physics, engineering)
· Proactive growth mindset- keeping on top of researching new ideas and staying up to date in the world of Data Science
· Strong communication skills with the ability to translate technical terms into layman terms
· Masters, ideally PhD, in a science, mathematical or technology subject
· Ideally have some professional experience in the UK car insurance industry, although this is not a must
· Competitive salary
· Benefits that suit you
· Office in central London with plenty of fresh fruit and healthy snacks and a fully stocked drinks fridge
· Passionate and friendly team
· An opportunity for getting operational experience in a start-up where both your work and the results are highly tangible and matters to the business
· Hands on training and mentoring
Prima UK is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, colour, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by English laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Prima UK makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.