Mechanical Design Engineer- SolidworksSALARY:
£30,000-35,000LOCATION OF WORK:
Bristol with flexible workingTHE ROLE:
A thirty-man electronics business in Bristol require a Mechanical Design Engineer to join its growing R&D team.
In this role you will be designing low power remote control systems which provide aesthetics to commercial events and hospitality sectors.
It is a very exciting time for the business as they are expanding into new markets within their area of expertise.
In this role you will be responsible for the mechanical design task work for all new product developments, as well as new features/ enhancements to existing products.
This role will offer you opportunity to work on product developments from concept stage through to manufacture. As all design and manufacturing happens onsite in Bristol you will also have opportunity to work closely with the Electronic Engineers, Software Engineers, Test Engineers and Manufacturing staff also.
This business is being recognised globally for it's high quality and technically advanced products. It is a very exciting time to join this fast-expanding start-up business.MAIN TASKS OF THE ROLE:
- Design product solutions from concept to realisation from briefs
- Designing special modifications/adaptions to existing product ranges
- Creating technical/manufacturing drawings
- Working closely with the Electronics Engineers on PCB design and EMC
- Ensuring quality measures are met and testing requirements are considered
- Management of file storage, drawing numbers and revisions
- Liaising with suppliers during the design and prototyping stage
- Supporting the sales team with technical information
- Updating and amending existing manufacturing drawings
- Sheet metal design
- A good manufacturing background with knowledge of manufacturing techniques such as die casting and injection moulding
- Highly motivated with strong organisational skills
- Independent and self-motivated, able to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines in a busy SME company environment
- Experience in the design of lighting or optical products
To discuss this role in further detail please contact Andrew Knight or Chris Oddy at KO2 Embedded Recruitment Solutions Ltd.