Salary: £50k to £55k + Bonuses + Bens (see below)
Location: Manchester - Flexible WFH options (1 or 2 days in office if preferred)
Sector: Online RetailAbout the company
As a sprawling, multi-million-pound organisation that employs over 2,000 people across the UK, our client is a dynamic and thought-leading digital retail organisation that has been able to ascend to the forefront of the market through a versatile corporate model that involves adapting to changing customer habits and transforming archaic business practices.
With the company spending the last 2 years overhauling their traditional monolith architecture into a contemporary cloud-driven microservices model; the brand has been able to shift operations into a modern and agile Spotify-like approach that has seen professional well-being and productivity increased tenfold.
As such, proactiveness is key to succeeding within this position, with our client actively supporting the further development of employees through continuous learning and open exploration of the digital retail space. Key responsibilities:
- Utilise your expertise in React.js, Node and Next.js to develop new user-facing features
- Optimise internal and external components for maximum performance across a wide variety of web-capable devices and browsers.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code.
- Profile and improve front-end performance with the aim of creating highly performant, secure and scalable solutions for the brand's clients.
- Remain proactive in your continual professional development and be open to learning/trying new approaches and chasing new opportunities.
- Independently build reusable components and front-end libraries for future use.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of React.js and its core principles.
- Able to work comfortably and calmly under pressure and take charge over workloads.
- Wider knowledge of engineering principles and automated CI/CD pipelines using GitlabCI or similar.
- Experience of front-end development using Headless services, consumed through RESTful APIs.
- Expertise in REACT tools including React.js, Next, Babel, Webpack, Redux and Storybook
- Prior experience of working within an eCommerce B2C background.
- Experience with user interface design and unit testing & mocking using Jest.
- Pension contributions
- Full access to the brand's employee assistance programme
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Freedom to work alongside a wide array of teams and explore new opportunities for growth within the digital retail environment.
- Employee discounts
- Discounted share purchase
- Life assurance scheme
If you're looking for a developer role that will reward and challenge you in equal measure whilst also cementing you as a key figure within the lucrative marketplace of eCommerce, don't miss out on this terrific opportunity - Apply Now!