At Tillit we are determined to transform the DIY investing experience for people who want toinvest in funds. We are building a world-class, device-agnostic investment platform focused on best-in-class funds, transparency and a user experience that helps people make moreinformed investment decisions. We cut through the jargon and demystify the complexities of fund investing, making it easy, engaging and open to everyone.
Right now Tillit is in execution-mode and the focus is on our upcoming spring launch. There is a clear vision for how the initial release of the platform should look and behave, but once launched we've got a long list of services, features, experiences and visualisations to build out where creative thinking will be needed to deliver a market-leading investing experience.
We are looking for an enthusiastic front-end software developer to join our team and help bring Tillit to life. This is a unique opportunity to join a small but fierce team and play a key part in shaping the future of how people invest.
Tillit was founded by Felicia Hjertman after spending years being frustrated with the poor state of the DIY investment platforms available in the UK today. Before setting up Tillit, she spent eight years as a Fund Manager and Investment Analyst at the renowned asset manager Baillie Gifford, where she managed multi-billion-dollar portfolios for institutional and retail clients. She gave up this career to pursue the goal of building a DIY investment platform that is genuinely fit for purpose for today's digital generation of investors.
In order to bring Tillit to life, Felicia teamed up with Paul O'Neill to lead the technical build as co-founder and CTO. Paul has over 14 years of professional development experience in financial services, identity management and biotechnology and has a passion for using technology to empower users, and not just for its own sake.
We raised our first round of funding in October 2020 and our investors range from venture capitalists to angel investors with extensive experience in financial services and DIY investment platforms. In addition, we are supported by advisors with expertise and operational experience within the FinTech industry.
Our culture is collaborative and open, where everyone can speak their mind and contribute. We value creative thinking and the bolder and more radical the idea, the better. As an early stage startup, the pace is fast and there are plenty of decisions to be made every day. We therefore look for people who are self-starters and who bring energy to their work. Everyone in the team wears many different hats and we look for people who aren't afraid to roll up their sleeves and just get on with things.
About our stack
You may not be using all of these every day, but some of the technology and platforms we're using include:
• .NET Core
About the role
• Position: Front-end software developer
• Seniority: Mid
• Employment type: Permanent
• Location: London or Edinburgh (temporarily fully remote due to COVID-19)
• Compensation: up to £45,000 pa (+ 10% for London-based applicants) + options,
depending on experience
• Pension: 5% employer contribution
• Holiday: 25 days + public holidays
• Personal development: Annual self-directed and accumulating budget of £500 disbursed quarterly
• Product discount: Discounted Tillit platform fee of 0.25% pa.
You will be:
• Working directly with the founding team, building user experiences that customers
will love, and influencing the direction we take the product from day one
• Initially implementing existing wireframes as beautiful React apps, then riffing off existing designs once the product is launched to expand our offering
• Drawing inspiration from the best online experiences across industries (and inventing
• Iterating upon user feedback and analytics
• Defining front-end standards for development, testing and deployment and refining our visual language
• Shaping the direction of the product
What we're looking for
• Proven experience with React and TypeScript, and of state management in React apps
• Styling with SASS, LESS or CSS, and use of responsive design techniques
• A eye for design and an ability to turn rough wireframes into beautiful experiences
• Bonus points for experience in distilling complex domains into understandable UX using charting, infographics and slick copy
• Ideally, experience with CI/CD and testing techniques for single-page apps
• Ability to work independently when needed, and to collaborate in a multidisciplinary team
• Ambition, enthusiasm and fierce customer focus
• Eligibility to work in the UK, and strong written and spoken English
Experience in FinTech is a plus but not required. If you can point to examples of your workthat distill a complex domain into an empowering user experience then we want to hear from you, no matter your background.
More than anything though, your focus will be to delight customers and to build a platform where investors feel supported, safe and able to make informed investment decisions.
This is a rare opportunity to get involved in a big, exciting project at an early stage and really make a difference from day one.