Senior Product Manager - Value Added ServicesThe Company
Retail Merchant Services (RMS) is a UK based payments services organisation. We have been in business for over ten years and currently employ over 250 colleagues.
Our mission is to help smaller, independent businesses thrive, grow and succeed. We do this by offering card payment services to ensure businesses always make the sale. We also partner to provide additional financial services to help businesses unlock vital cash flow to support their business ambitions.
We have big plans to expand both our company and our offerings, and are looking for talented, energetic and passionate people to join our team and be part of our ambitious journey.Job Description
This role will be overseeing RMS's VAS portfolio and be responsible for performance of current VAS products as well as enhancing it through new services. They will work closely with Sales, Marketing and Operations to ensure the VAS portfolio and propositions are increasing customer lifetime value and NPS by owning the end-to-end customer journey to ensure RMS is exceeding expectations throughout the entire lifecycle of the customer. The role requires a commercially minded customer-focused approach, strong analytical and stakeholder management skills, and the initiative to push projects over the line.
The role will report into the Head of Product and Proposition and will work collaboratively across the business to ensure the RMS VAS portfolio and customer experience is market leading. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Experience
- Work across the business to gain insight into the needs of customers, using customer interviews, research and feedback from client facing teams.
- Own and define the roadmap and ensure it aligns with overall business strategic objectives.
- Work with marketing, sales, operations and service to pilot and successfully launch new services and embed into the business.
- Owns the messaging for marketing programmes and product launches, working across the business to drive go-to-market plans.
- Ensure materials are made available and are used by customers and sales teams.
- Investigate external organisations who have desired capabilities and/or technologies for and make build/buy decisions to support our product strategy and roadmap.
- Lead on commercial and contract negotiations with new partners.
- Support Sales and Marketing through the proper articulation and positioning of existing propositions to drive conversion and uptake.
- Map and own the customer journey and work with relevant stakeholders to create a backlog of items and manage prioritization and execution.
- Strong stakeholder management with a drive to get projects and initiatives over the line.
- Previous role in a fast growth, start up or scale up environment ideally in a B2B company.
- High level of market and commercial awareness
- Marketing experience not required but able to provide feedback and direction on collateral and campaigns.
- Strong project management skills with a keen focus on dates, deliverables and budgets
- Customer and data driven.
- Demonstrates the persistence and accountability to deliver new products/services.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.