iMultiply are delighted to be retained by a well-known company based in the North Lanarkshire area to recruit a new role of Management Accountant. This business has gone through a significant business wide improvements process over a number years and are in a strong position to reap the benefits of these changes going forward.
Reporting directly to the Head of Finance, this role will be highly visible to the wider business with a large emphasis put on finance business partnering and helping to drive revenue and margins across a range of products and services. This role requires a candidate with excellent technical and interpersonal skills who is proactive in their approach to building relationships across a business whilst ensuring that a high level of detail and accuracy is maintained within the monthly reporting cycles.
· Propose and drive ideas that will enhance the sales revenue and margin performance of the business
· Responsible for maintaining the costing system within the ERP system, maintaining cost of sales accruals and monitoring variances
· Primary Finance contact for projects of both a commercial and non-commercial nature. Provides robust financial analysis and explain the assumptions within the financials for business projects. Be accountable for the accuracy of those financials in driving business decisions
· Prepare, analyse and report weekly, monthly, quarterly margin analysis by product and customer type
· Provide analytical reports for specific strategic or commercial decisions and impact on profit margin
· Play a key role in the development and improvement of costing, inventory and planning systems
· Work directly with key stakeholders to develop and improve reporting and processes within the business with a view to reducing reporting times.
· Responsible for the calculation and analysis of product sales and margins. Provide commentary and variance analysis for sales and margins in the monthly management accounts
· Responsibility for all revenue recognition in line with any contracts
· Measure actual performance to target and work with management team to prepare an action plan to address any underperformance
· Prepare the cost of sales for the annual budget and periodic forecasts
· Margin reconciliation - enhance reporting structure with margin information by product and variance
· Prepare, review & communicate weekly sales reporting & margin (to include Price Volume Mix analysis)
· Qualified Accountant ACCA/CIMA/CA or QBE will be considered with extensive experience.
· Advanced user of Excel.
· Extensive experience in cost accounting including project management
· Extensive experience in the production of management accounts and associated schedules
· Strong ERP systems experience.
· High level of attention to details in analysing variances
· Full driving license
· Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining quality output of work
For a full job description please contact Daryl Harper at iMultiply or click apply below.