Position: Product Manufacturing Engineer
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + company benefits
A brilliant opportunity to join a company which are global leaders within medical technology as a Production Manufacturer in their site located in Berkshire developing critical parts within plastic injection moulding disciplines.
- Experience of working with global suppliers, developing and transition critical parts within Electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Review and implement process improvement to support the company's continuous improvement targets.
- Within project team execute individual projects meeting fit, form and function including achieving critical milestones
- Ensure appropriate technical support of existing and new products to implement the platform portfolio roadmap.
- Ensure effective manufacturing support on existing and new products with respect to safety, quality, cost, delivery and people targets.
- Competence in the post release design / engineering support of medium volume, electro-mechanical product.
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing (GD&T) and metrology, and tolerance / fit analysis of assemblies.
- Understanding of wiring, soldering, cable assembly, sensors and other manufacturing processes, such as plastic injection moulding, manual assembly, pressing and machining)
- Understanding of engineering materials.
- Have experience of engineering techniques such as: design for manufacture and assembly, Failure Modes & Effects Analysis (FMEA), maintenance of bills of materials
- Experience with part life cycle management from new product to design transfer, and validation into production.
- Able to use structured problem solving techniques (Cause and effect, 5 whys etc)
- Previous experience of working with suppliers on value engineering or supplier transfer projects.
- Validation & verification activities for engineering change.
- Awareness of Quality Systems and conformance.
If this sounds like the role for you, all you need to do is hit the 'Apply Now' button!