Senior Manager Channel MarketingReports to:
EMEA Marketing Director Job Summary:
The Senior Manager Channel Marketing will commercialise sales and marketing programs across all Channels of distribution within the UK, identifying and executing Channel-specific business growth opportunities. Scope of responsibilities include the integration of the Channel profile into trade marketing strategies/sales plans and establishment of Channel priorities across Customers and sales teams.
In order to accomplish this, the Senior Manager Channel Marketing will work cross functionally to deliver sales and profits through commercialisation of Brand/Trade strategies and plans across the Customers/Channel focusing on a 12 month rolling plan. This position works closely with sales teams to optimise Joint Business Planning (JBP's) and Line Reviews on behalf of Newell Brands.
Specific responsibilities will include but are not limited to:Channel Strategy
Business Plan Execution (Channel & Customer)
- Leads establishment of Channel prioirities across Customers and sales teams
- Oversees development of Channel/Regional strategy for specific Channels/Customers
- Leads integration of Channel profile into trade strategies and sales plans
Annual Planing, JPB's, Line Reviews
- Develops trade commercialisation plans by Customer/Channel in alignment with strategy
- Monitors accuracy and deployment of plans
- Leads and enables effective Top to Top's
- Coaches teams on Channel best practices
- Collaboratively leads the Joint Business Planning (JBP's) with country manager across both commercial and channel team.
- Drives the bi-annual line review proces (customer sell in) with channel team and commercial team
- Supports the channel analytics team in articulating Channel business data (market, shopper and end-user) to internal and external stakeholders
- Supports customer planogram creation through channel analytics team
- Provides input to Billing Meetings from Channel perspective as needed
Pricing and Promotional Trade Fund Guidance
- Monitors Customer/Channel intelligence (orders, ships, POS, IRI, and customer inventory) suggesting and implementing corrective action as needed
- Shares Channel business data (market, shpper, and end-user) ensuring integration into key customer plans
In Store Activation
- Drives promotional guardrails with channel analytics team and promotional plan with channel marketing team to ensure revenue, profit and brand guardrails are met
- Management of trade marketing annual budget
- Aligns with Brand Activation team regarding objectives, activity plans and priorities
- Leads channel marketing team to execute best in class in store, online and out of home activity with retailers across all brands
- Executes successful iGKM programmes throughout the channel marketing team to provide off shelf displays and customer exclusive products
- Bachelor's degree (emphasis in business/marketing or related field),
- 8-9+ years of experience working with a leading FMCG, comsumer goods company (Channel Management, Brand Management, Marketing, Sales or related position)
- Proven line management experience, preferably with 4+ team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge of brand management and marketing philosophies, tools and processes and proven record of success.
- Multi-channel experience and shopper understanding.
- Strategic thinking, self-starter with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with aggressive deadlines
- Advanced analytical skills and computer software proficiency (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.)
- Strong familiarity with syndicated data, measures and software.
- Familiarity with space management principles and software.
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Paper Mate, Sharpie, Dymo, EXPO, Parker, Elmers, Coleman, Marmot, Oster, Sunbeam, FoodSaver, Mr. Coffee, Graco, Baby Jogger, NUK, Calphalon, Rubbermaid, Contigo, First Alert, and Yankee Candle. For hundreds of millions of consumers, Newell Brands makes life better every day, where they live, learn, work and play.
By submitting your CV you acknowledge having read Newell Brands' Privacy Statement for Job Applicants available at http://privacy.newellbrands.com/job_en.html . If you wish to be considered also for other suitable positions with the company, please explicitly indicate so on your CV/motivation letter.