Working within the digital development function of a multi-billion pound retailer, you will be contributing to the website built using Sitecore and Asp.net. You'll work closely with a solution architect within an agile development environment and will implement solutions that meet the business requirements. You will be involved from requirement through to delivery of production solutions.Qualities we're looking for:
What you will do:
- You love what you do, have a passion for technology and are up to date with the latest website technologies, with an emphasis on Sitecore.
- You will have a background in web application development and experience implementing large complex CMS driven websites.
- You will be comfortable developing complex data driven solutions and will have a delivery focus to turn the vision into reality within an agile environment.
- You will work well as part of a team and be comfortable in communicating and documenting solution designs to technical and non-technical colleagues.
The successful candidate will have;
- Contribute to the design of solutions that focus on optimising the cost of delivery as well as ensuring solutions are robust and flexible
- Follow the Lookers development process for development, testing (including unit testing), source control and deployment methodologies
- Understand best practices for software development and follow the architectural principles when implementing solutions
- Engage with stakeholders when required to further detail initial requirements
- Ensure defects found in testing are kept to a minimum and identify areas of improvement in existing code base and where necessary, implement these changes
Required Technical Knowledge;
- Social versatility and an ability, be good at communicating within their team any slippage or blockage for work they are involved with
- Able to work and take decisions independently, providing solutions and anticipating/overcoming challenge.
- Can respond and be flexible to changing business needs and has the ability to influence and challenge where appropriate
- Ability to multi-task effectively and have strong attention to detail
- Comfortable with escalating any issues where necessary and in a timely manner
- Willingness and ability to learn/understand different systems as required
- Sitecore 8+
- .NET (C#)
- HTML5, React, CSS
- Bitbucket and JIRA Competent
- Dev tools (Unicorn/TDS, Sitecore Rocks)
- Sitecore Powershel