DevOps Engineer, Perm role, £90,000 per annum, remote working......
Our client is a hugely successful international consultancy, who have a long history in engineering for the various environments, their approach delivers excellent performance for customers and shareholders worldwide.
As the DevOps Engineer you will combine aspects of a technical role and an IT operations role. You will have a knowledge of coding languages and principles and be required to find problems and build solutions.The role:
- Building and setting up new development tools and infrastructure
- Understanding the needs of stakeholders and conveying this to developers
- Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes
- Test and examine code written by others and analysing results
- Ensure that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
- Identify technical problems and developing software updates and 'fixes'
- Work with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
- planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
- Hold current SC Clearance or be eligible to get Security Clearance
- Programming Language Skills (python, java, c++/c etc.)
· Database Skills (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL)
· Pipelines And Trending Toolkits (Jenkins, Circle CI, Travis CI, Drone CI )
· Experience of Major Cloud Services (AWS)
· Infrastructure As Code (Terraform)
· Knowledge of Container Orchestration Tools (Kubernetes, Docker etc.)
· Linux system administration skills
· Bonus is to have experience with Apache Kafka (MSK) or IBM MQIf you think you are right for this role please apply.