Is a major player in the Electric Motor industry based in Oxford, working with some fantastic clients within F1 and Motorsport. Due to continued growth, they are looking to hire a Lead Design Engineer to join the team and lead the design on key customer projects.What are we looking for?
What you will be doing
- Degree or equivalent in mechanical engineering
- Proven previous experience in a design and development environment
- Experience of leadership, coaching and developing engineers
- Experience leading new program and concept design activities
- Experienced user of SolidWorks CAD software package with the ability to create design concepts and fully dimensioned drawings working to BS8888 with best practice geometric tolerances and key characteristics
- Experience with drawing control systems such as PDM
- A strong mechanical or electrical engineering background, but more importantly, the ability to apply knowledge to real-world situations
- Familiar with FMEAs, 8Ds, robust engineering practices and supporting techniques
- Good understanding of materials and associated mechanical properties and processing
- Lead, coordinate and guide a design engineering team to achieve deliverables
- Lead new program and concept design activities including internal new product developments or customer-driven applications through to product launch
- Support customers in challenging package and integration issues with motors, controllers and gearboxes to provide practical solutions for the application
- Liaise with key suppliers and customers on design and development issues, resolve to the optimal solution and understand the compromises
- Collaborate with the team to understand constraints and specify engineering design, engineering analysis, (e.g. FEA, CFD, etc.) high volume manufacturing processes and project management
- Identify technical opportunities and assess feasibility that may arise from new materials, processes or designs e.g., material substitution with carbon, high tensile steel, titanium and composites
- Develop ideas and design solutions to practical challenges arising from new product design
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business that has grow significantly in recent years and are at the forefront of their market, breaking barriers and making a difference.
Salary is based on relevant experience between £45,000 and £50,000.