Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology-or multiple X-ray technologies-to address each customer's unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.Role Overview
This role will be responsible for Manufacturing Engineering based at the Redhill site. As part of the Senior Operations team, manage the Manufacturing Engineers to resolve manufacturing issues and constantly ensure efficient product flow consistent with established industry standards and technologies. Role Responsibilities
· Manage and lead the Manufacturing Engineering team with respect to vision, KPI's, personal development, team working, holidays etc.
· Lead Manufacturing Engineering to ensure correct design of new systems, equipment and processes for new product introduction, particular focus in Implementation phase of ECO and gated processes.
· Ensure the Manufacturing Engineering function provides support to Operations to reduce Production's 8 wastes, resolve manufacture problems, plan maintenance and repairs, provide jigs and fixtures and provide the correct level of instructions and procedures.
· Keep up to date with current and developing trends in manufacturing
· Collaboration with Rapiscan R&D, Operations and Supply Chain to ensure supplier quality is maintained in respect to the Engineering Change Order process outputs
· Drive Continuous Improvement and constantly identify new or improved processes in Production and supporting functions to improve product delivery as a whole.
· As part of the Senior Operations team, actively participate in strategy, medium and short term planning and cross functional leadership and management.Candidate Experience
Knowledge & Training
- Experience of managing Manufacturing Engineers
- Proven Engineering experience in a product manufacturing; preferably in a low volume, electro mechanical, "hi tech", vacuum environment
- Excellent communication and influencing Skills
- Project Management experience
- Lean and or Six Sigma experience.
We are unable to offer sponsorship at this time No Agencies Please
- Degree or equivalent in a technical or engineering discipline
- Thorough knowledge of fundamental manufacturing processes
- Thorough understanding of problem-solving methods, i.e. 8D and the associated statistical tools used to analyse problems, evaluate and complete improvement projects.