LYTT is a fast-growing software company whose proprietary analytics technology provides real-time oil well and oil field surveillance to deliver practical production insights. We use fibre optic cables located along a well to act as both a sensor and receiver of temperature and acoustic data from inside and around the well.
We are backed by BP and have already attained a market leading position. Our breakthrough algorithms, proprietary workflows and database of acoustic and temperature signatures are helping some of the biggest names in oil and gas optimise their production in real time and reducing operating expenditure. We have a successful track record of deploying our technology all over the world, delivering hundreds of millions of dollars of value to our customers.
We have a brilliant team of people and we're building a culture that celebrates innovation. With over 16 nationalities, a breadth and depth of expertise with a mix of interests, we are proud to bring diverse thinking to the energy industry's most challenging problems.Role Purpose
We're looking for a proactive and curious Software Engineer to join our small but brilliant engineering team to design and build best in class applications for our customers. You'll be joining a supportive and collaborative environment where you can use your expertise to solve complex challenges and an industry leading technology solution.
Our applications rely on Distributed Fiber Optic Sensing (DFOS), and in-particular Distributed Acoustic Sensing (DAS) which create huge amounts of data (1TB/ hr). DAS typically records 10,000 samples every second for each metre in a fiber optic cable. This equates to 100,000,000 data points every second in a 10,000m fiber optic cable. To put this into perspective, this is the same as streaming 1000 movies per hour. Historically this data has been too big to extract meaningful information in a short time frame, but LYTT's patented technology has enabled the data to be interpreted at site, and quantified production data can now be streamed to the customers office within 5 seconds through the Cloud. We have some huge technical challenges for you to help us solve.Role Responsibilities
- Build and improve visual tools for application development and data science.
- Participate in cross-team technical design discussions on application architecture, UI components, UX, back-end and third-party integration, and testing.
- Work with pace to fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies.
- Manage individual project deliverables and mentor other team members on coding standards and design techniques.
- Contribute to building a team that cultivates innovation.
- Hands-on experience and understanding of object-oriented programming, data structures, algorithms, and web application development.
- A passion for developing team-oriented solutions to complex engineering problems.
- You thrive in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and value end-to-end ownership of projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate multi-functionally and improve scalability.
- Interest in committing to a fun, friendly, expansive, and intellectually stimulating environment.
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can't tick every box, but we realise that the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist. If you're excited about working with us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!