What is Cudo about?
Cudo Ventures is on a mission to be the global leader in monetising underutilised processing power. So far we've built one of the largest automated cryptocurrency mining tools, lowering the barrier of entry for users new to cryptocurrency and providing tools to allow experienced users to manage large farms of rigs.
In 2021, we are pushing forward with the development of an innovative platform that will revolutionize computing by providing a marketplace that matches up providers with spare capacity and users with workloads, making us "Airbnb for compute".
We're looking to grow our team of Engineers and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to complement our existing team.
We have a passionate team of 10 engineers who operate in an agile way with the product team to deliver our products.
As a team we have a core philosophy:
- We move fast, try new things, and learn from our mistakes as a team to write the best possible code
- A failure (whether that be a missed deadline or system outage) is collective and not an individual's responsibility
- Small and often, rather than big-bang changes
- Engineers know how they work best, whether that's working late, or early, or from the other side of the planet
- Sometimes workarounds are necessary, but we should always aim to understand and plan a full solution
Our tech stack:
- Google Cloud Platform (IoT, PubSub), Kubernetes and Istio
- MySQL and Redis
- Moving forward with Golang and Microservices
- Git & GitHub Actions
What we are looking for?
We're hiring for engineers to join our engineering team in either the ops or backend squad.
Generally we think you'd be a good fit for the team if you are:
- Passionate about your work, keen to write good code and design solid solutions
- Proactive, and always looking for ways that things can be improved (in processes or code)
- Unafraid to voice your thoughts and make suggestions, whilst also willing to hear others out and have a reasoned discussion
- Someone who also believes in our core philosophy
- Significant experience with the core parts of our stack, and at least rudimentary knowledge of other parts
- Ability to take a lead and run a sprint
- Experience architecting and designing solutions end-to-end, breaking the work up for other engineers to complete, and ensuring their work meets the standards required for the solution
- Willingness to provide advice to and mentor less experienced engineers, allowing them to work more efficiently whilst fostering their development
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks and make decisions based on both the needs of the business and of the engineering team
- A real 'can do' attitude to making things happen
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Share options and CUDOS token options
- Unlimited holiday policy - we don't believe in limiting how much time you need to rest away from work
- Remote working with the choice to continue working remotely, or in our office on the south coast (Bournemouth) post-pandemic
- Fantastic opportunities to develop - we have a habit of promoting in house
- A great team with a passion for working collaboratively
- Team bonding - whether that be actually getting together face to face in a post pandemic world, an online comedy show, or monthly drinks, we like to get to know each other as individuals and not just colleagues.
Please also include your base salary expectations, we're a small but growing company and we want to make sure we're on the same page - we pay competitively but we don't believe in wasting your time or ours if we don't align.
We're reviewing application on an ongoing basis so if you think this is the role for you then we'd recommend you apply sooner rather than later.