Salary: Basic salary of up to £50k - £60k
Sector: OnlineAbout the company
As a sprawling, multi-million-pound organisation that employs over 2,000 people across the UK, our client is a dynamic and thought-leading digital retail organisation that has been able to ascend to the forefront of the market through a versatile corporate model that involves adapting to changing customer habits and transforming archaic business practices.
With the company spending the last 2 years overhauling their traditional monolith architecture into a modernised and cloud-driven microservices model; the brand is now looking to further extend its market reach through the addition of a passionate and dynamic Platform Engineer
.Platform Engineer - The role:
Based with the brand's tech hub in the heart of Manchester, you'll maintain responsibility for a wide array of tasks including for the design, building and operation of the company' strategic microservices platform.
As such, the role on offer suits a highly enthusiastic and business-minded engineer that is comfortable utilising their extensive knowledge of AWS and Terraform to further optimise a household name.
Enjoying a varied workload that will both reward and challenge you in equal measure, you'll be joining a company that isn't afraid of taking risks and promotes the possibility of new ideas being brought forward by employees across all fields of the business.Key responsibilities:
- Regularly develop and maintain scalable, resilient, cloud-based infrastructures using an Infrastructure as Code approach with experience in Linux OS and Terraform.
- Work alongside delivery teams to build and maintain a continuous deployment practice.
- Continuously strive to improve overall business performance through active contributions to platform architecture and design.
- Periodically mentor and provide coaching/advice to the grads/apprentices on the team.
- Engage in your continued professional development through regular attendance of lunches and events - ensuring that any worthwhile information is relayed back into the platform.
- Maintain responsibility for platform protection and ensure through repeat communication with the security department.
- Ensure high availability/disaster recovery process are reflected as per the change cycle, and as per each change the platform can be brought back as per the Disaster Recovery/Resilience policy.
- Experience managing cloud-based infrastructure (AWS)
- Prior background in Terraform
- Must be secure in VPS
- Exemplary communication skills that can summarise complex problems and recommend concise plans of action.
- Able to work comfortably both independently and as part of a team.
- Highly capable leader that can take charge of projects and nurture teammates to success.
- Inquisitive mindset that is open to exploring the wide range of features that digital can offer the brand.
- Eye for detail, with a very clear and organised approach to delivery
Want to know more?
- Pension contributions
- Life assurance
- Warm and inclusive work environment that promotes employees having questions
- 24 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday purchase scheme
- Based within a highly sought-after Manchester location
- Employee discounts on products
- Share purchase scheme
- Employee assistance programme
For more information, please apply now or contact me and let's kickstart your new journey today!