Sheridan Maine are working in partnership with a Legal Firm based in South Dorset, who are seeking an experienced (Legal) Finance Manager/Controller to join the business and become a key member of their Senior Management Team.
As Finance Manager you will report into the Business Management Team and Finance Director providing support to the wider business through development of the processes, policies, compliance and reporting while contributing to the development and leadership of the Accounts team.Key responsibilities:
Experience and Personal qualities:
- Managing the Accounts team to ensure effective working operations and development
- Attending the Business Management Team meetings and liaising with Partners/Directors as requested
- Report to the Compliance Officer for Finance and Administration (COFA) with relevant information and updates
- Ensuring that the firm is fully compliant with SRA and SAR rules and regulations and that all transactions are correct and performed in a timely manner
- Prepare the annual budget process and oversee the external audit
- Prepare and develop monthly and other reports
- Develop cash flow forecasting and maintain a long term cash forecast
- Develop and oversee accounting policies and procedures to meet both current and future business models
- Liaison with external auditors and manage statutory and SAR annual audit
- Liaising with bank and third party financiers
- Conduct Ad Hoc financial analysis as required
- VAT returns
- Support the Firms Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Manage the payroll, pensions and staff benefits function ensuring efficient systems, process and controls are in place
- Provide ongoing report development and ad hoc data interrogation and analysis as required
- Review processes and procedures to ensure efficiency and compliance with relevant regulatory requirements
- To ensure conducive working relationships with clients, colleagues and other associated third parties
- Ensure positive representation of the firm at all times
- Comply with policies and procedures as set down by the Firm
- Either ILFM/AACCA/CIMA Qualified or equivalent
- Appropriate competency level of knowledge and experience at a senior level of finance
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work to and achieve deadlines
- Confident and highly experienced Team Manager
- With strength of character and a high degree of diplomacy and confidentiality in respect of staff, clients and clients matters
- High standard of written and spoken English
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team as well as working on own initiative
- Ability to prioritise effectively, with an adaptable and flexible approach
We are keen to see candidates who are looking for their next step into a progressive and challenging Financial Management position within a diverse and growing organisation. It is an essential requirement for the successful candidate to have worked within a Legal firm.
On offer is a highly competitive salary and benefits with the opportunity to further develop your experience and career prospects.
You are required to be eligible to work in the UK full time without restriction.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
If you're passionate about this position or are keen to hear more please click on "apply" above as soon as possible.