Family history is a multi £BN high-growth market that is changing quickly, with the introduction of new products and technologies and we're looking for the best people to help us on this journey. An exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Finance Team as an FP&A Manager. You will work closely with the Executive Team as well as the CFO to whom you will report. You will be playing an important role in providing key financial information to aid and influence commercial strategy and decision making, including budgeting and forecasting, reporting and analysis and key project decision support. For the right person there is the ability to progress into a Head of Finance role.
You'll be a great fit for this role if you have a high passion for technology, thrive in a high-growth environment and excel in a broad business partnering role.Key responsibilities include:
- Owning and evolving the forecasting, planning and budgeting processes.
- Providing commercial and analytical decision support including financial modelling, scenario building, developing models for customer acquisition and lifetime value analysis, ROI analysis on product development and marketing.
- Building out and improving SaaS KPIs, performance and other metrics - providing commercial guidance as needed e.g. MRR/CHURN/CAC/LTV.
- Driving a data-driven approach on product development and marketing.
- Finance business partner with the marketing, product and technology teams.
- Ownership of payments with ongoing monitoring of areas such as acceptance rates, chargeback rates and level of fraud.
- Assisting with board decks and other board presentations.
- Driving cost effectiveness and efficiency through best in practice initiatives with your business partners.
- You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA or ACCA) with commercial & FP&A experience and significant post-qualification experience within a high-growth tech environment (ideally with B2C digital/SaaS model experience).
- Proven excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- You are analytical, mathematical and data driven in approach, with advanced Excel and financial modelling skills. Ability to use data analytics tools would be an advantage.
- Significant business partnering experience including at executive level.
- Ability to use data to influence commercial strategy/decision making.
- Ambitious, driven and detail oriented. Someone who can be trusted to deliver.
- You are an effective, clear verbal and written communicator, comfortable working with teams across the business, connecting and building rapport with internal and external stakeholders.
- You have an entrepreneurial, curious mindset.
- You possess excellent project management skills and have a proven track record of getting things done.
- You are process and detail orientated, able to manage multiple work streams to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- You thrive in a scale-up environment.
We've come a long way from our early days digitising historical records to now: a fast-growing, consumer subscription tech company with a talented team, engaging products, millions of users around the globe, and billions of online historical records. Our mission is to connect people to their family stories.
There are real opportunities for ambitious people to gain new experiences, solve interesting problems, take responsibility for new products and initiatives, and advance their careers. We work in collaborative, cross-functional teams. We value our diverse and welcoming culture. We stay connected and celebrate success together in our weekly tech demos and (currently virtual) social activities. Our values - Honour History, Stay Curious, Create Magic and Be Human - provide the compass for how we work together and invent together.Benefits
We're passionate about making FMP a great place to work and setting people up to succeed. Benefits include:
- 26 days holidays + UK bank holidays. We also offer the option to purchase up to 4 additional days.
- Excellent pension contribution from day one of up to 15.5% of your basic salary (9.5% matched company contribution with a 6% contribution from the employee's side).
- Flexible working, as we want all our employees to have a brilliant work-life balance.
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave.
- L&D budget and access to learning and training opportunities.
- Various social remote activities to keep connected as a company.
- Employee Assistance Programme, wellbeing app access and Mental Health First Aiders.
- Life assurance.
- Private medical insurance, health and dental cash plan options.
- Gym membership and staff discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season travel tickets.
- Subscriptions to Findmypast and British Newspaper Archive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and want Findmypast to be the best company for all our diverse employees and customers. We encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability status or any other protected characteristics. If you'd like a deeper understanding of our commitment to diversity, check out our careers page to hear from our CEO, Tamsin. Should you require adjustments to be made to the recruitment process, please let us know and if you'd like to share your pronouns then please do!
If you are a recruitment agency, please be aware that we're not looking for additional assistance with recruitment. Please do not send us CVs. We will not be responsible for fees related to unsolicited CVs.