In the role of the Consultant you will be working for a leading client. You will be intensely involved in data centre transform activities and improvements, advice; work on the problems and contribute to the solution development and delivery. You will also play a crucial role in the in the overall solution so as to optimize, improve and future proof the customers cloud strategy. You will guide teams on project processes, deliverables and contribute to the solution development and met the client objective.
In this role you will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Capture migration requirements
• Assist with creating cloud migration strategies; defining delivery architecture, creating the migration
• plans, designing the orchestration plans, and more. Assist in creating and executing of migration run books.
• Determine source cloud (Physical, Virtual and Cloud) and target Workloads
• Tailor migrations methods, tools, and guidance for common migrations patterns.
• Design, implement and configure Cloud migration platform. Migrate workloads using various migration tools (Doubletake, RiverMeadow)
• Ability to perform infrastructure discovery and assessments working with Architecture team
• Act as liaison to support teams and client during migration
• Use troubleshooting skills and work closely with operations, support, engineering and/or other functions to ensure successful migrations
• Hands on experience with private, hybrid or public cloud technology
• Hands on experience migrating Windows or Linux
• Virtualization experience (VMware, Xen, HyperV)
• Proven experience in implementing build of new data centers
• Experience in leading planning and executing data-center consolidations, relocations, and migrations
Skill/ Competency Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Experience on different cloud architecture environments, virtualization, and data center / cloud migration methodologies.
• Experience with data centers, consolidation, relocation, migration, or virtualization projects
• Experience in Infrastructure Consulting, Data Center consolidation and migration
• Develop mechanisms to capture knowledge, learnings, and migrations patterns, and to share internally and externally with customers and partners.
• Identify gaps in migrations methods and tools, and collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to resolve
• Knowledge of data center / infrastructure / virtualization / networking / compute / storage / databases technologies are desired.
• Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results. Ability to effectively lead and work with a variety of organizations, management levels and personalities.
• Knowledge and preferably working experience of other Cloud services such as AWS, Azure
• ITIL methodologies
Besides the professional qualifications of the candidates we place great importance in addition to various forms personality profile. These include:
· High analytical skills
· A high degree of initiative and flexibility
· High customer orientation
· High quality awareness
Excellent verbal and written communication skills