You'll be comfortable carrying out keyword research, knowing how to track rankings over time and be able to identify and optimise the right content for those keywords.
You will also be responsible for developing and implementing the overall content marketing strategy, ensuring all content is optimised for SEO purposes, as well as engaging audiences and promoting the brand. On the technical side, you'll understand when to use a robots.txt file over a no-index directive, and know the value of a properly configured XML sitemap, as well as being able to identify issues with how Google crawls a site and how to fix problems when they arise.
Managing the Link-building and Digital PR strategy will also be a key part of your role. Experience in working with or managing external agencies would be an advantage.
Finally, a data-driven approach is essential for ensuring your campaigns are a continued success, so you'll be expected to use a wide range of analytics software to track these and gather relevant insight that will optimise your future activities.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Responsible for the over SEO strategy and implementation, including keyword research, link-building, content and technical SEO.
- Take ownership of the company blog.
- Manage external agencies such as content and SEO agencies.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure efficient delivery of SEO and content strategy.
- Familiar with a range of SEO tools, such as Moz, Ahrefs, Screaming Frog.
- Ability to use analytics tools to gather relevant insights and optimise activity.
- Forward-thinking approach, with the ability to spot new opportunities within an organic search.
- Keep up to date with the latest SEO trends, developments and best practices.
- Work towards team and company KPIs.
You will have a general understanding of the full digital mix but be an expert in search engine principles. As such, you will possess the following skills and experience:
- Experience in growing and developing revenue and profitability
- In-depth knowledge of organic digital channels as both strategist and practitioner including but not limited to social media, SEO, content marketing and digital content.
- Understanding of the full online digital spectrum, as well as the understanding of the integration between online and offline media.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally, with the ability to analyse and interpret results to convey them to the senior stakeholder both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail and the motivation to be self-sufficient and demonstrate initiative on a day to day basis.
- Experience working in an online technology-based environment is a bonus.
- Experience in working in collaboration with a diverse range of business functions and customers to drive change and achieve delivery.
- Candidates must possess a deep understanding of marketing fundamentals and a track record of successful marketing initiatives.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the confidence to represent the UK business to all levels of the organization.
- Previous experience of data analysis with strong attention to detail.
- An understanding of online marketing is essential with experience in selling products through multiple channels.
- Regularly achieving large scale customer growth (Thousands of customers) in a subscription-based/ reoccurring revenue-based business.
- Experience of working agency-side or managing external agencies.
- Several years of experience successfully cross and upselling to a large scale customer base in an online business.
- Experience within a technical industry
- To be a great communicator; Using a variety of methods and always open, honest and direct.
- Excellence; to excel at what I do by committing and delivering on promises to excellent quality.
- Customer Focus; to obsess about customers to ensure we meet or exceed their expectations.
- Dynamic; take action to move forward quickly and inspire teams to move quickly with you.
- Creative; Come up with innovative new approaches and create an environment in which learning and improvement are always encouraged.
- Results orientated; A strong desire to achieve and inspire/motivate others to help achieve business goals
- Commercial Acumen; Strong understanding of the business, the market environment and what needs to be done to succeed.
- Team Working; to lead and work as part of a team to succeed together.
- Leadership; to set a good example by maintaining a professional approach at all times and to inspire and motivate team members to achieve individual and collective success.
We Offer You:
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Contributory pension scheme, Private health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Free soft drinks, fruit and computer games available in our break rooms.
- Excellent coffee!
- Great social activities: summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.