Rapiscan Systems is an industry leader in detection technology, providing cargo and vehicle inspection systems and services for ports, borders, military, high-threat facilities, and checkpoints to help customers combat terrorism, drug smuggling, illegal immigration, and trade fraud. We offer a broad array of scanning system configurations that leverage low-, medium-, and high-energy X-ray technology-or multiple X-ray technologies-to address each customer's unique security application requirements. Our commitment to excellence in imaging performance, innovative design, and uncompromising quality ensures our solutions consistently deliver best-in-class imaging, high reliability, and operator satisfaction, to help customers find threats and contraband with ease and confidence.
This role is working within the Cargo Engineering Software Team developing the Cargo X-ray software suite for large vehicle inspection.
Rapiscan have recently acquired American Scientific & Engineering and are embarking on a large-scale software engineering project to combine the platforms to produce our next generation of cargo software. Overview of Role
The primary role of this candidate is the development next-generation software in C# / C++ on the Windows.Net platform. Focussing primarily on real-time data integration and x-ray imaging. The role encompasses full software lifecycle development.
The role will be based at the Rapiscan Cargo site in Biddulph but will require occasional travel to our offices in Boston to work with the US team. This role will be remote working during this period and flexi there after.Responsibilities
- Development of next-generation cargo software.
- Participation in Design and Architectural discussions.
- Report to the Software Manager and coordinate with other members of the software team.
- Testing and integration of software on first of type production systems on the factory floor and in the field.
- Field support questions from service and end users, in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Maintenance of the current generation of software and project work as required.
- BSc Computer Science or equivalent
- Proven track record developing C#/C++ software on the Microsoft Platform.
- Microsoft SQL
- Azure Devops
- Experience with DirectX is advantageous
- Proven problem solver
- Proven engineering, manufacturing or production Industry experience.