Are you a qualified accountant in Practice and looking for a new challenge?
Perhaps you've looked at making a move but switching to a new firm doesn't excite you? Think again!
We are partnering with an pioneering start up accounting and consulting firm who're on a journey to change the face of accountancy for the better. Founded by accountants-cum-entrepreneurs, this tech based accounting firm is focused on working with exciting SME and scale up businesses, as a responsive, remote business partner.
With the team growing exponentially, this is a fantastic opportunity to join this constantly evolving accountancy disruptor.The role
What will you offer?
- Lead client delivery team of 8 with oversight, coaching and support
- Managing your own client portfolio and relationships
- Completion and review of period end close procedures for clients e.g. reconciliations, vat returns, prepayments/accurals and journals
- Preparation and review of monthly/quarterly accounts and management information
- Investigating and drafting technical accounting papers for complex of judgemental areas
- Writing and reviewing management commentaries and providing insights for your clients
- Improving processes for clients, leveraging technology where possible
- Supporting the design of rich bespoke client management information
- Finance system design and build and working with data structures
- Close liaison with clients and developing strong working relationships
What's on offer?
- Hold an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) and at least 1 year of relevant PQE in a small to mid sized practice
- Proven experience of bookkeeping, management accounts, consolidations and finance processes
- Specific experience with Companies Act requirements and UK GAAP
- Enjoy working for different clients whilst understanding their individual needs
- Experience managing multiple stakeholders
- Strong project management and multitasking skills
- strong computer skills and experience with cloud accounting systems (e.g. Xero, QuickBooks)
- Excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- A desire to work in an high-growth, entrepreneurial environment
A fantastic benefits package to include, but not limited to:
- Performance related bonus
- Unlimited holidays
- Private medical insurance
- Fully paid for strategy week abroad
- MacBook Air for work/personal use
- Flexible/Remote working
For more information on this start up accountancy business, please apply or contact Alex Baxter Smith at Harvey John.