Director of Engineering/R&D - In Vitro Diagnostics - UK, Germany, France or Belgium based
TH Daniels Global Executive Search & Selection work globally with an established portfolio of clients providing best in class Executive Search results. We have partnered with a leading provider of In-Vitro Diagnostic instruments and assays into the Clinical Diagnostic market.
Due to the companies continued global expansion in recent years and imminent instrument launch the need for a new Director of Engineering/R&D arisen to be based at one of the company's R&D facilities Europe. This position would head up the R&D and Engineering function for the organisation leading a team of 50 reports based across 5 facilities in Europe.Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
To be considered for this role you must meet the following requirements:
- Lead the Engineering & Assay development teams (50 individuals) based across 5 facilities in Europe
- Work closely with the C-level suit to develop and implement a new R&D/Engineering strategy for the business
- Develop and manage a high calibre team with appropriate technological skills, project management expertise and a strong business sense
- Ensure alignment and cooperation between all relevant corporate functions including; Quality Assurance, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Regulatory Affairs
- 5+ years engineering/R&D management experience within the IVD/Life Science or Medical Device markets
- BSc in Electronic/Mechanical Engineering or Bio-engineering
- Knowledge and experience with ISO 9001/13845, FDA & cGMP guidelines
- Extensive knowledge of IVD regulations
This is an extremely exciting opportunity for an experience professional looking to expand their career within IVD market. This role offers an excellent renumeration package and the realistic opportunity for career progression as the organization continues to grow across the global marketplace.