First Derivatives is looking for Technical Business Analysts to join the Capital Markets Business in London on a perm basis. We look for individuals who are strategic, thrive in a fast paced environment and possess a strong analytical aptitude to help solve complex business challenges. The ideal candidate will have a good understanding of the trade lifecycle across the capital markets domain and will also have experience with Excel, SQL, Python, Java, C# or other data analytics tools.
• Collecting, understanding and transmitting the business requirements for the project, and translating these into functional specifications and detailed test plans
• Provide technical knowledge with respect to the application of complex regulatory requirements
• Document workflows and results of business analysis and obtain sign-off from client on the specifications.
• Provide the link between the customer, development team and any third party regarding software functionality, throughout the development lifecycle.
• Design and execute the test scenarios and test scripts.
• Interface with various stakeholders across multiple business units understanding their requirements, and developing and/or enhancing existing solutions to meet their needs.
• 4+ years of experience working in a financial institute as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst
• Strong experience with Python, Java, C#, SQL, VBA, or R
• Experience of working in medium to large teams in complex project environments
• Knowledge within Capital Markets (fixed income, equities, FX, derivatives, commodities, etc).
• Advantageous to have experience within regulatory space (Dodd-Frank, CCAR, MiFID, FATCA, Basel)
• Demonstrable evidence of analyzing and documenting complex business processes
• Demonstrable experience writing requirements specifications for Information Systems
• Previous experience performing gap analysis and working in non-operations roles
• Results orientated with excellent communication and interpersonal skills