we are we're a cloud-native, awarding-winning independent, greenfield project-based consultancy. We specialise in full engineering projects at scale from discovery to the completion stage.
Our projects include, microservice platforms, cloud integrations, and data ingestion through to building voice recognition platforms, apps and offering digital strategy consulting. We've worked across several industries from retail and e-commerce to housing, finance and government with clients including ASOS, Nando's, Burberry, and the BBC.Senior QA Engineer
This will be a hands-on role as one of our Senior QA Engineers, you will work alongside the development team to ensure excellent coverage and a great test process is in place by taking responsibility for the whole cycle through testing, planning, execution, and analysis. You will be building test frameworks from scratch in Java, testing the frontend, backend, and API's on projects for companies such as The BBC, Nandos, and ASOS to name a few.
What You'll Bring To Amido
Compensation and personal development
- A passionate desire to learn technology and practices within test
- Experience delivering production software using an Agile methodology
- Ability to work with teams to improve their test approach
- Excellent exploratory testing skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively with other software development disciplines
- Experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean code, package management)
- Experience with continuous delivery practices (branch management, pull requests, code reviews, running tests in CI/CD
- Confident creating automation frameworks using a modern language Java, writing tests for web applications and RESTful Api services in code
- Understanding of performance, security, accessibility and reliability
- Great communication skills in particular: presenting, collaborating and pairing with stakeholders
- Passion to share knowledge and foster a 'test first' mindset in your project team and within the organisation
Learning, development and knowledge sharing is a big part of the Amido way, we regularly run external and internal Meetups, lunch & learns, and events. On top of this, all our consultants get a tailored training and development plan and a £2k personal training budget.
- We have a flexible working culture with our core hours being (10-4 pm).
- 27 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Plus many more!
We have offices in London (HQ) and also Manchester however this opportunity will be a mix of mainly remote work and some client site work, so you don't need to be based near one of our offices. We are currently 100% remote due to COVID-19 and will continue to work this way until the situation improves.