Citi, the world leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and a presence in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions worldwide. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Citi enables clients to achieve their strategic financial objectives by providing them with cutting-edge ideas, best-in-class products and solutions, and unparalleled access to capital and liquidity.
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) is a market leading, award-winning provider of cash management, cards and trade, solutions to financial institutions, public sector and corporate clients around the world. With a global network spanning 100+ countries, we are uniquely qualified to service clients with local and cross-border interests and provide integrated reporting and management. TTS is a highly innovative organization with a strong digital agenda; new products and services are continuously being developed to meet our clients rapidly evolving treasury requirements and unlock new opportunities for growth. We provide clients with dynamic information, tools, and APIs to effectively manage their portfolios, financial positions, working capital and supply chains.
In view of heightened scrutiny from regulatory authorities and a business drive for a strong risk and governance environment. This role covers the entire Payments and Receivables business in EMEA and will require engagement with the clusters and countries across the EMEA region. This role is a key function within the Payments and Receivables team and acts as a focal point for the development and enhancement of a culture which balances and integrates the risk management framework with the commercial priorities of the business.
Being the best for our clients is at the core of what we do. In order to be the best and in turn grow our business it is imperative that we put in place the appropriate infrastructure to do so in a controlled environment. Management of risk is a fundamental responsibility of the business in its' capacity as 'first line of defense'. From an external perspective, understanding the evolving regulatory environment and managing our business to ensure we continue to meet the heightened expectations of our regulators has never been more important.
In a rapidly changing environment, managing emerging risk strategically is vital to ensure the sustainability of the business. Within the risk framework there will be particular emphasis and focus on Cyber Security and FMI (Clearing System) risk, looking across all of our clearing interfaces and aggregating relevant payment risk data points i.e. Clearing lines / intraday limits / NCL at FMIs etc. The risk lead should adopt a proactive approach and address risk in a thematic way highlighting trends across write-off's, near loss events and trends arising from CAPS etc., as well as ensuring that we have appropriate contols in place in respect of management of risks associated with clients usage of Citi's Payments and Receivables services.
This role will report directly into the EMEA Payments and Receivables Risk and Business Office Head. Leading the Payments and Receivables Risk function, this role will have a specific focus on driving consistency across the Clusters and will work closely with EMEA Regional and Cluster in-business risk leads as well as the Global Payments and Receivables Risk function while supporting strategic business initiatives across the region.Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining and Enhancing the end to end Risk Governance Framework for Payments and Receivables EMEA
- Business Model and Risk Culture
- Organizational Structure and Products
- Risk Appetite and Material Risks
- Control Framework and Risk Management Reporting
- Internal/external audit readiness plans
- Supporting Payments and Receivables Recovery and Resolution Planning model
- Delivering the Risk Governance Plan and Scorecard:
- Working with In business Risk to ensure product governance deliverables are in place for new or changing products across the region - including NPAC, NPA, CSR and CEP PRC documentation
- Overseeing the MCA aligned with global TTS
- Challenging and supporting the regional product and country heads on overdue or scorecard exceptions identified
- Tracking open action plans and supporting the business as required
- Co-coordinating business deliverables to functional partners as required
- Driving efficiency across the EMEA business
- Co-ordination of Regulatory deliverables and interact with internal/external Audit processes
- Will gain knowledge & insight into setting of business strategy
- A regional view of the Payments & Receivables business
- Exposure to seniors management and Functional partners (Finance, Risk and Compliance)
- Have a direct impact on a franchise critical exercise
- Subject Matter Expertise regarding the Payments & Receivables risk profile
- Development of leadership skills
- Extensive years of experience working in the Financial Services industry
- Demonstrable understanding of risk profiles and intuitive ability to assess risk. Previous experience working in a risk related role not a necessity.
- Broad understanding of current regulatory environment
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Word, Excel and sharePoint
- Analytical individual with ability to model data and draw conclusions.
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills: Exceptional organization and process management ability
- Communication Skills: Effective verbal and presentational skills (internal and external) with an ability to influence and build consensus. Effective technical report writing skills required
- Leadership skills: Bringing together processes that include different businesses and support functions
- Team work/People Management: Team player and leadership skills. Able to motivate/influence all levels of management and a team
- Strategic Skills: Ability to exercise initiative, problem identification, problem solving and independent decision making
- Project Management: Ability to manage multiple competing priorities with demonstrated experience in executing against tight deadlines and managing issue escalation
- Drive Change: Ability to drive change within the organization
- Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.