Hogarth Worldwide is a leading creative production company, producing advertising and marketing content for many of the world's most famous brands, across all media around the world. Hogarth was founded over 10 years ago and has grown from a start-up to over 4,000 people, across 28 cities worldwide and is now part of the WPP family. Our rapid growth continues to drive us forward making Hogarth an exciting place to work and a great place to achieve your career ambitions.
The primary function of the Production Support Engineer is to support the production users and workstations, maintaining and troubleshooting systems as required, with the aim of providing a stable and fully functioning production environment, either onsite or remotely.
The role will be required to work on a flexible Rota, during weekdays, including telephone support and possible onsite support at weekends and for other out of hours production work, including any On Call / Rota system that is required.
· Implementation of new production environments, including setting up an on-location editing / print / VFX workstations
· Setup of the technology in a new WPP joint venture facility within EMEA and providing first- and second-line support to the suites within EMEA
· Deploy, manage and support computers for production users
· Assist all job roles in the Joint Ventures, liaising with Desk side support at Hogarth to ensure the site is fully supported
· Document and update documentation on standard procedures in real time
· Escalate and formally report faults to specialist engineers (including third party support when required)
· To complete project work as set by the team manager
· Working with standard application suites and custom workflow tools at Hogarth (detailed below)
Occasionally, you will be required to perform a task that is mainly performed by the (non-Production) Support Technicians. This may include:
· AV boardroom support and VIP support
· Provide technical support to non-production users
Essential Experience & Skills Required:
· Significant experience in similar role in a media production environment
· An excellent working knowledge of production processes and services, including technical support for desktop issues
· General "can-do" service attitude
· Physically Capable to perform the role
· Excellent time management skills & multi-tasking abilities within tight deadlines
· Excellent communication skills and good organisational skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Able to adapt to new working methods & practice technology advances
· Be able to work independently as well as part a team
· Effective problem solving, able to recognise root causes and identify ways to overcome them
· Good working knowledge of VFX 2D/3D workflow,
· Good Understanding of Scripting Language (Bash) & Python
· Good Working knowledge of VFX Software (C4D, Maya) & Rendering (Arnold, RedShift)
· Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
· Technical Experience of ProTools
· Technical Experience of building Editing Suites
· Technical Experience of File Formats, Codecs
· Technical Experience of Licensing (Nodelocked / Server, inc LMTools, FLEXlm)
· Font Management Systems
· JAMF Casper knowledge
· Completed the Azure Fundamentals Exam
The standard applications include, but are not restricted to; Adobe Creative Suite, Autodesk Maya, Autodesk Flame & Flame Assist, Avid ProTools, Maxon Cinema 4D, Deadline, Microsoft Office, Microsoft O365, Tektronix Aurora, Alchemist, Telestream Vantage, Azure Cloud Technologies, The Foundry Nuke, ESKO Automation Engine workflows, GMG ColorServer and ColorProof, Font Explorer and Active Directory
Diversity and Flexibility
Hogarth is committed to diversity and inclusion and encourages applications from any and all qualified candidates.
Many of our employees work flexibly in many different ways, including flexible hours or an element of working from home. Please talk to us at interview about the flexibility you need.
Heart and Soul: We love what we do. We bring energy and enthusiasm to all our work. We push boundaries, we are never satisfied and always want to find a better way.
Hands on: We don't wait for things to happen, we get on with it. We are pragmatic and don't have an ego. We do what it takes to get the job done to the highest standards.
Honest: We are straightforward; we speak openly and clearly. We operate with integrity and live up to our promises.
Happy family: We enjoy working together. We look out for our colleagues. We are an eclectic bunch. We want to work with people from many cultures and demand great things of each other. Even when things get tough, we don't lose perspective or our sense of humour.