DXC Technology (NYSE: DXC) is the world's leading independent, end-to-end IT services company, helping clients harness the power of innovation to thrive on change. Created by the merger of CSC and the Enterprise Services business of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, DXC Technology serves nearly 6,000 private and public sector clients across 70 countries. The company's technology independence, global talent and extensive partner alliance combine to deliver powerful next-generation IT services and solutions. DXC Technology is recognized among the best corporate citizens globally.
The Newcastle Digital Transformation Center (DTC) offers Agile Delivery to multiple Clients.
Would you describe yourself as a creative and ambitious technology lead who is always ready to take on the next cutting-edge technology? If your answer is yes, you are going to fit right in with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated, experienced, innovative individuals who would like to be part of our vision in helping clients transform their business.
Our technical roles offer you the chance to grow your skills and experience whilst working alongside some of the most talented people in DXC.
Supports teams to develop, and implement innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
- Applies subject matter knowledge to business issues
- Contributes to the development of new ideas and methods.
- Participates in the delivery of the Project team and delivers to the tasks allocated
- Proactive in upskilling
- Keeps up to date with the latest industry trends, models and standards.
- Participates as a member of the development teams.
- Development knowledge to multiple front and back end languages and technologies
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Applies technical knowledge to provide maintenance solutions across one or more technology areas.
- Supports the team to develop innovative team solutions
- Participates in code reviews.
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
- Attention to detail with a pragmatic and enthusiastic attitude to work.
- Ability to work effectively in a globally dispersed team and with clients and vendors.
- Significant experience writing code using languages such as Angular (versions 6 and 10), Java, C, C++, C#, VB.Net. Advanced ability to work with Web-development tools for new applications (essential)
- Advanced understanding of modern software design and development methodologies (e.g., OO)
- Experience of other modern programing languages such as (and not limited to) Bash script, Python, Ruby, Perl, C, C++, Java and PowerShell (desirable)
- Experience and knowledge of AWS, Azure, bare-metal or Virtual hosting (desirable).
- Experience on multiple full release project life cycles including Agile.
- Experience delivering secure and scalable microservices (desirable).
- Knowledge and experience of modem software design and development methodologies & frameworks (e.g. Agile/Scrum).
- Advanced understanding of testing tools and unit test and integration test scripting, such as taking advantage of TDD (desirable)
- Advanced experience using an Integrated Development Environment (e.g. Visual Studio) and development of tool add-ins.
- Able to define quality and security standards.
- Experience of using Design Patterns.
- Good verbal and written communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrates technical leadership skills
- Experience of Sonar Cube would be nice
- Microservice and cloud native principals would be very desirable