LYTT is a fast-growing software company whose proprietary analytics technology provides real-time oil well and oil field surveillance to deliver practical production insights. We use fibre optic cables located along a well to act as both a sensor and receiver of temperature and acoustic data from inside and around the well.
We are backed by BP and have already attained a market leading position. Our breakthrough algorithms, proprietary workflows and database of acoustic and temperature signatures are helping some of the biggest names in oil and gas optimise their production in real time and reducing operating expenditure. We have a successful track record of deploying our technology all over the world, delivering hundreds of millions of dollars of value to our customers.
We have a brilliant team of people and we're building a culture that celebrates innovation. With over 16 nationalities, a breadth and depth of expertise with a mix of interests, we are proud to bring diverse thinking to the energy industry's most challenging problems.Role Purpose
You will ship often without sacrificing quality of code, collaborating extensively with the other engineers and data scientists on the team, where you'll be exposed to the latest thinking in machine learning and artificial intelligence. We strive to write clean, simple and readable code while still developing highly scalable systems.
COVID-19 Update: All members of our team will be working from home for the foreseeable future, and interviews during that time will be conducted using video calls and other tools. Role Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and maintain performant and scalable full-stack applications.
- Build and improve visual tools for application development and data science that enable users to build an end-to-end AI application quickly.
- Participate in cross-team technical design discussions on application architecture, UI components, UX, back-end and third-party integration, and testing.
- Rapidly fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies.
- Manage individual project deliverables and mentor junior team members on industry coding standards and design techniques.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation.
- Proficient with React and the React ecosystem.
- Experience in developing cross platform apps.
- Experience in start-ups with agile development environments.
- Experience with rendering and high resolution visualisation.
- Bonus points for experience with Python!
We know that sometimes people can be put off applying for a job if they think they can't tick every box, but we realise that the 'perfect candidate' doesn't exist. If you're excited about working with us and can do most of what we are looking for, go ahead and apply. You could be exactly what we need!