Great opportunity for an experienced developer to join my clients Product Development function, based out of London.
They work in cross-skilled teams of 6-8 people, including developers and designers, on mostly greenfield projects for many parts of the business, building web applications to bring together the physical and digital experiences of their industry-leading events and business intelligence platforms.
Leading edge tech and regularly review practices during weekly retrospectives and sprint reviews.
· Develop new features for design systems that are consumed by multiple brands
· Add new functionality to live platforms that allows thousands of users to access information for events and manage their user journey
· Support and build upon devops and continuous integration and delivery process.
· Write and test code in an extensible and maintainable way
· Integrate with 3rd party providers and consume other platforms
· Liaise with stakeholders and analyse requirements in order to translate them into workable stories.
· Work closely with other departments and teams like design, technology, marketing, etc
· Investigate new technologies and look for ways to improve
· Skilled programming in Node.js
· Jest, Enzyme, Storybook
· Webpack, Babel
· HTML, CSS3, Less, Styled-components
· Component Libraries, responsive styling and design patterns
· Best Practices around UX
· Cloud Experience. Serverless and AWS (Lambda, S3, Cloudfront)
· Building and consuming REST APIs
· Exposure to GraphQL & Headless CMS
· Experience building CI/CD pipelines
· Share knowledge and experience, particularly in guiding more junior developers, to improve the code quality and practices across the team
· Expertise in Microservices
· Isomorphic Apps
· Appreciation of modern application development practices, i.e. TDD, SOLID principles
What they Offer
· 25 days of holiday per year - option to buy or sell between 1-5 days
· Great learning and development opportunities
· Pension, Private Medical and Dental Insurance plans
· Life Assurance; Income Protection and Critical Illness covers
· Option to opt into the Ascential Shares Scheme
· Volunteering opportunities
· Season ticket loans
In addition, they offer flexible benefit packages that include Cycle to Work; Retail Vouchers; Gourmet Card; Gym Flex; Gadget Insurance, Health Assessments and Will Writing.
We also place great importance on health, lifestyle and wellbeing consistently, in which you will have the options to fuel up on free fruit, attend yoga sessions, join their running club, or perhaps taking up on a lunchtime massages.
If you are interested then apply now and all suitable applicants will be contacted within 24 hours of reciept of your details
**PLEASE NOTE: TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE YOU MUST HAVE THE RIGHT TO WORK IN THE U.K**