At Synamedia, the world's most talented innovators and trailblazers are shaping the way the world is entertained and informed. We are backed by the Permira funds and Sky.
This is the age of infinite entertainment and we must be ready to adapt to new opportunities and challenges. Building on more than 30 years of expertise, we are the largest global provider of video solutions, trusted by over 200 top satellite DTH, cable, telco and OTT operators, content owners and broadcasters
Our values connect us. Our diversity gives us strength. Our curiosity inspires creativity.
The Cloud Services team provides a central Cloud function, enabling AWS usage for the rest of the Synamedia business, creating standards and guidelines, which translates to the delivery of services to the AWS estate.
Synamedia Cloud Services team is looking is looking for highly motivated Senior Cloud DevOps engineer to join us in this journey in developing Cloud Account Governance system and a FinOps system to help operate Synamedia Cloud Estate and support the business in efficiency improvements.
Initially focussed on AWS, you'll have extensive experience in developing Serverless applications on AWS.
· Develop and maintain the Cloud Governance system
· Automation of account vending and support development of account governance setup.
· Define key metrics for measuring Cloud infrastructure usage efficiency and develop cost visualisation tools at both Infrastructure and Kubernetes levels.
· Develop automation tools and polices to improve Cloud infrastructure usage.
· Support improvements of Synamedia product for cost efficiency
· Manage Cloud Service Requests, Incidents and Problems.
· Develop tools, scripts, or processes to make things better.
This is a hands-on role, requiring the following behaviours and skills:
· 5+ years AWS Devops working experience
o Kubernetes and Container architecture
o Prometheus, Monitoring and cost modelling at container level
o Python (required, with boto3 preferable)
o Understand Serverless computing concepts (required)
o Experience of CI concepts and building CI pipelines
o Understand how to use Git in a distributed team
o Multi-account operation
o AWS certification (very desirable)
o Cloudformation (required)
o Terraform (desirable)
· Understanding of common monitoring tools such as ELK, Sensu, Grafana, Prometheus, Cloudhealth
· Collaboration over rulemaking
· Improvement over perfection
· Pragmatism over idealism
· Authentic and empathic communication
· Continuous improvement and learning mindset
· Preferable AWS Certification