Security Clearance desirable or eligibility to be security cleared
Are you interested in being part of a high performing operations team? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) are building a team of energetic Technical Operations Engineers to blend infrastructure/application administration, incident command and NOC engineering.
You'll be part of a dynamic team with a broad knowledge of how Oracle's cloud platform works. The team regularly work in partnership with customer support, service owners and engineering teams around the globe to ensure the highest quality service is delivered to customers.
The Technical Operations Engineer will provide support for Oracle's restricted UK public sector realm. This will involve working a 24/7 shift rotation, including nights, weekends and public holidays.Job Responsibilities
- Acts as an internal point of contact for the UK public sector realm
- Operates and performs maintenance for over 180 OCI services
- Monitors auto-cut alerts and troubleshoots through the use of runbooks
- Executes change requests to enable new functionality and maintain realm compliance
- Ensures timely resolution of incidents, service requests and change requests
- Escalates to and collaborates with global service and engineering teams
- Utilises incident and problem management processes to mitigate/resolve major incidents
- Shares knowledge and mentors other team members
- Suggests and documents process improvements
- Ability to acquire and maintain UK public sector security clearance
- Technology related bachelor's degree and/or equivalent work experience
- A desire to learn and keep up with modern technologies
- Experience working in a mission-critical environment (Operations, Technical Support, NOC etc)
- Knowledge of Linux and/or Unix operating systems
- Experience executing tasks under change management procedures
- Experience participating in bridge calls of varying scale
- Ability to communicate technical information to all levels
- A focus on customer satisfaction
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of cloud computing concepts.
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes and Terraform.
- Understanding of scripting languages (Shell, Perl, Python, Java, Go etc).
The OCI team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world's biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer's business critical applications.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment screening process. This will involve identity and employment verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).