Lead Integrations Engineer (Python)Location:
£80,000 - £95,000Description:
Our client believes that financial products and services should be flexible, intelligent and about the customer. Their product is a fast and flexible cloud-based operating platform that enables financial services providers to create innovative financial products than the existing banking platform vendors out there and as a result, improve the financial lives of millions of people.
They are currently looking for an experienced Python developer to lead a team of engineers in building out their integration service. You will have the opportunity to shape the products they will build using leading edge technologies. As well as having an excellent technical understanding of Python and modern APIs, you will have proven experience of managing software teams and working closely with project managers to deliver large projects in a timely manner.Requirements:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering education or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3+, with at least 5 years of commercial experience.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, data structures and computational complexity theory.
- Strong team management experience, capable of mentoring and guiding colleagues and managing performance.
- Some exposure to another object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, C#).
- Good experience with relational databases, both from the perspective of writing code to interface with them as well as optimising access patterns against large datasets.
- Recent experience using modern testing tools used for unit testing and functional testing.
- Understanding of the importance of high quality tests which provide extensive coverage of application code
- Strong experience and knowledge of Django, in particular the use of Django Rest Framework.
- Strong desire to create high quality, readable, and easily maintained code, with demonstrable experience of including code quality KPIs in a robust automated delivery process / pipeline.
- Experience using Git, as well as basic knowledge of Unix-based operating systems.
- Experience defining automated software delivery pipelines, e.g. using Jenkins or a similar CI tool.
- Strong communication skills for the purpose of facilitating technical discussions and assisting junior colleagues with their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Experience creating and maintaining AWS infrastructure to support development, in particular through the use of Cloudformation/CDK to automate the creation of cloud-based resources.
- Knowledge of common software scaling challenges and experience identifying bottlenecks in application logic to further enhance application performance.
- Open source contributions or personal projects, which demonstrate a passion for software engineering beyond just being the "day job".
Flexi-work, training budget per individual, work from home office setup allowance, discounted gym and bike schemes, private health & life insurance, birthday off and additional perks.