MAXIMUS UK, a wholly-owned subsidiary of MAXIMUS, Inc., operates several business lines in the UK, including the Centre for Health and Disability Assessments, Remploy, Health Management, MAXIMUS People Services and Revitalised. MAXIMUS employs 4,000 local staff, including over 1,400 doctors, nurses, occupational therapists and other Healthcare Professionals. Operating from more than 270 locations in the UK, MAXIMUS is one of the largest providers of employment, health and disability support programmes in the country.
· Leading a team of front-end and Back-end developers
· Working closely with Delivery Manager and Product Manger to create collaborative environment to successfully execute projects.
· Consulting on the feasibility of technical solutions
· Evaluating possible technical options to meet the business objectives
· Ensuring that technical best practices are followed
· Managing transitions of the developed solution into a released state
· Conducting code-reviews for fellow developers
· Integrating external and developing internal APIs
· The ability to manage his/her own time to ensure delivery of projects in a timely fashion
· Be able to provide estimates of allocated work and meet mutually agreed timescales and deadlines
· Ability to analyse and problem solve
· Ensure code base is well structured, modular and efficient. Ability to stick to established conventions and formatting
· Working within Agile environment.
Skills and qualifications
· Knowledge of Modern frameworks
· Knowledge of virtualisation or development containers e.g. Docker
· Knowledge of Kubernetes
· Strong experience with the Lamp Stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
· Knowledge of front-end libraries such as Angular or similar frameworks
· Knowledge of back-end libraries such as Symfony
· Good knowledge of GIT, Composer, Docker, code repositories (GitHub).
· Experience working with web services (XML/JSON/REST).
MAXIMUS is committed to developing, maintaining and supporting a culture of equality and diversity in employment in which our employees as well as candidates for employment are treated equitably. We understand that a diverse workforce adds to our competitive advantage; and as such, we aim to ensure that job applicants do not receive less favourable treatment on the grounds of sex, race, marital status, disability, age, part-time or fixed term contract status, sexual orientation or religion, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements that cannot be shown to be justifiable. Advertisements for posts will include sufficiently clear and accurate information to enable potential applicants to assess their own suitability for the post.
Where reasonable, MAXIMUS will review and consider adjustments for those applicants who express a requirement for them during the recruitment process.