A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a skilled PHP Developer to join one of our three software development teams. This role will see you help the team build next-generation product control panels, augment existing panels, build purchase flows, build provisioning systems (using a range of languages and technologies), and maintain business systems.
You'll be working in a team of highly skilled developers who produce full-stack systems - from front-end to low-level service provisioning. We use different middleware technologies, including PHP Laravel APIs and micro-service architectures, so skills in this area are essential. We use modern CI/CD containerisation pipelines with Git, Kubernetes and OpenShift; skills in these technologies are highly desirable. We're moving towards Single Page Applications (VueJS/JAM stacks) using the latest technology stacks and methodologies, but maintenance is also required on existing PHP systems.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your exceptional development skills to deliver exciting products and projects in a friendly and supportive working environment. The work is demanding but rewarding. We're looking for a skilled developer who can demonstrate very strong knowledge and coding skills and can contribute from the start, and who will become part of our team for many years.Duties and Responsibilities
Skills and Experience
- Assisting the team in building full-stack SPAs.
- Working closely with Product Owners to understand requirements and propose solutions.
- Working collaboratively with UX/UI designers to deliver quality UIs.
- Implementing non-functional requirements as part of overall design and delivery.
- Actively participate SCRUM team activities.
- Performing lifecycle management activities
Essential skills and experience:
- PHP (with Laravel, Composer)
- MySQL / strong generic DB skills
- Demonstrable skills in front-end development (JAM / SPA)
- Very strong core coding skills, including OO design, Clean Coding, Testing Techniques
Advantageous skills and experience:
- Python, C#, GO
- Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Modern working practices, including CI/CD workflows, Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Building microservices and experience of Cloud Native architectures
- Knowledge of server virtualisation and containerisation technologies
- Keen interest in emerging technologies, learning new languages and skills
We offer you:
- 25 days annual leave
- Generous training opportunities tailored to your career goals
- Opportunities to visit the best industry conferences across Europe
- Free parking close to our offices in a vibrant city centre location
- Contributory pension scheme, Private health care, Cycle to work scheme & other benefits
- Free soft drinks, fruit and computer games available in our break rooms.
- Excellent coffee!
- Great social activities: summer and Christmas parties, fitness groups, running teams, and many more.