Associate Director - Risk & Compliance
On a 6 month contract working for a world leading insurance company responsible for supporting the Director in maintaining a Risk and Compliance strategy and culture that supports the business ambition, by providing Risk expertise, leadership and support to Executive and extended leadership teams.
You will also lead the Risk function and support the Director in designing and maintaining the optimum operating model for the function to support business growth, with a clear understanding and management of the risk profile.
· Act as a highly effective business partner, providing Executive and Senior Management level Risk challenge and support. Act as deputy for the Director when required.
· Lead the Risk function to develop and implement changes to evolve the teams maturity to support business growth
· Promote a strong Risk culture by positively influencing key initiatives and decisions to protect customer and business outcomes.
· Be a key contributor to the extended leadership team and attendee on behalf of the Director at business committees and forums
· Cultivate strong relationships with stakeholders
· Develop an enterprise wide view of the risk profile, including a perspective of Executive business units, strategic delivery plans, and product/commercial roadmaps
· Design and continuously improve high quality Risk reporting with actionable insight
· Identify future impacts on the business and translate into discussions on how those risks can be treated
· Maintain a high quality and risk based Control Testing function
· Track record of operating in a senior Risk Leadership capacity at an Executive level. Significant experience in the field of Risk
· Deep understanding of enterprise wide Risk Management, with a focus on Operational and Regulatory risk in an FCA regulated environment
· Excellent communicator and influencer across board, executive and senior management level. Can make the complex simple and actionable
· Coaching and development for high performance