We have a team of ruby developers to manage the full life cycle of our web application. The application runs a busy payments processing service with high transaction throughput.
The candidates must be energetic, extremely motivated and self-driven to work in a fast moving environment. The ability to work in a small team and to communicate with the end users is necessary. Quality code is of utmost importance - the application is in production and errors are expensive.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a vibrant, agile and growing business.
We are ideally looking for applicants who are currently located in and entitled to work in the UK.
What You Will Be Doing
Design, develop, support and maintain our SaaS (software as a service) web application and the architecture that surrounds it.
Write clean, maintainable and efficient code with a high level of quality.
Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring and code standards).
Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into the system.
What You Will Need:
Commercial experience with the Ruby on Rails framework and all the relevant technologies that go with it. In particular we are seeking
• A solid understanding of object-oriented programming.
• Experience with Unit testing.
• Experience with Integration testing, Cucumber would be an advantage.
• Source control - GIT and deployment methodologies.
• Agile Development.
• At least 3 years working with Ruby on Rails.
• Relational database experience.
Advantages (but not essential):
• Experience with Postgres RDB.
• Experience and understanding of cloud computing.
• Exposure to AWS.
• Experience and understanding of MVC, REST, API's.
• Experience with online payments
• Understanding of fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
What We Promise To You
As well as the opportunity to solve complex problems, you'll get invaluable exposure / experience of the full development life cycle. Our more senior developers will provide training and support as well as encouraging the development of your own skills and ideas. This is an opportunity to come in at the ground floor of a rapidly growing and profitable tech company in an exciting industry.
Salary - Negotiable depending on experience.