Senior Systems Test Engineer - Medical Robotics
Our client is an exciting and evolving company to be joining right now. Their commitment to the goal of building a world-class medical devices company is underpinned by the ground-breaking innovation of their next generation of surgical robots and a diverse team of talented and supportive individuals. Everyone there has the passion and desire to make a real difference to the way minimal access surgery is developed and delivered.
They're breaking new ground which makes working there exciting, it provides autonomy, opportunity and makes the things you do visible - if you're great at managing your own time, are creative, patient and resilient, we think you'll fit right in.
They are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Test Engineer to join their growing team in Cambridge. Sitting within the Technology Division, the Systems Test Group is responsible for the ongoing formal system and sub-system level Verification of the system. The group is also responsible for working with the design teams to ensure potential changes are pre-verified and assessed against existing performance requirements.
You will provide technical input into all verification activities, helping to develop new verification procedures, deriving and executing technical investigations, and ensuring the resultant reports are compliant to regulatory standards. Your collaborative nature and practical approach will enable you to positively manage a range of activities, to ensure successful outcomes are achieved, and innovations embraced.
As an experienced Systems Test Engineer, you are able to demonstrate your ability to lead a small technical team and ensure testing activities are completed within project timescales. This is a hands-on role and will require electromechanical testing experience within a regulated environment. In addition, your responsibilities will include:
· Definition and execution of test protocols from system, user and risk related requirements
· Creation of bespoke test environments and rigs (software, hardware or combination of both)
· Contribution to the overall compliance of the system, and identification of gaps (including documentation)
· Understanding the impact on system level behaviour as a result of design changes, and ensuring this is fully verified and documented
· Technical oversight of a small technical team of test engineers
· Monitoring and reporting test progress to the Task Manager
· Developing process improvements to streamline test activities, including test script development
· Training and mentoring junior test engineers
· Creating test plans and schedules for testing activities coming into the group
We are a high growth company and as such roles change and evolve. We would expect you to be willing to turn your hand to anything required of your team to help deliver its objectives.
With a solid technical testing background, you will have experience of leading small technical teams, with a practical knowledge of verifying complex systems including SW, Electronics and Mechanical elements (ideally within the Medical Device industry). We would also expect you to have an inquisitive nature, high attention to detail and excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition, you should have:
· Experience of verifying complex electromechanical systems in a regulated environment
· Experience of creating test protocols from system and sub-system level requirements (core and derived)
· Experience of creating detailed technical reports that meet regulatory standards
· Experience of defining and creating system test solutions incorporating software, electronics and mechanics
· Experience of scripting in Python
· Exposure to Device Risk Management
· Experience of leading small technical teams
· A degree (at least 2.1) in Engineering, Physics or other technical discipline
In addition, any experience of the following would be advantageous:
· Robotics, specifically dynamics, kinematics, simulation and control
· Verification of Medical Devices
· Experience with C programming and Matlab
· Familiarity with medical devices standards and certification (FDA / MDR / ISO)
· Familiarity with Requirement Management tools
· Experience with HAST/HALT and environmental testing an advantage
Our client offers a competitive salary and a great benefits package including non-contributory pension, private healthcare and a bonus scheme. In addition, you will be joining a company with a fabulous culture of ambition, creativity and teamwork.
Our client is committed to promoting a diverse, open and collaborative work environment - a place where the team can be themselves and succeed on merit. They believe an environment like this is where ideas can truly flourish and balanced with a healthy dose of fun, it ensures that the team stays and develops. They welcome applications to join the team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics.