Job Title: Quality Assurance Lead Automation Engineer
Type of Contract: Permanent
Hours: 35 hours, Full time
Salary: Up to £60,000
Location: London - Bruce Kenrick House (currently working remotely)
Interview format: Video interview via Microsoft Teams. Competency based two stage interview process. Second stage will include a technical assessment.
A proven and experienced Lead Quality Assurance/Tester, you will be pivotal in developing and maintaining NHG's flagship digital platform; transforming our ways of working and customer experience.
Reporting to the Head of Software Engineering, working in an agile way, you will lead a small team of Quality Assurance/Testers to assure the quality of the code we promote into our live environment. You will be responsible for defining our quality management system including the strategies, plans and policies, required creating that each developed piece of software is fully functional, fit for purpose and in-keeping with the high standards of the business and bespoke systems.
You will have a keen eye for detail and excellent communication skills in order to feed back to the team to reach a resolution in a timely manner. The end result being our in-house and customer facing systems work correctly in line with business needs through use of manual, automated, UAT and regression testing. You will consult with developers, testing team and project management, thorough examinations of documentation and specifications, and meticulous examination of the developed software.
As a technical lead, you will use your technical & digital experience along with your ability to build relationships to drive real change and innovation.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Lead the test functions in implementing automated testing
• Identify and feedback on any developmental bugs
• Ensure requirements of project brief have been addressed and correctly implemented
• Work with our "best practice" development processes (documentation, Test Plans, logging and Agile methodologies)
• Participate in the testing of a next generation platform to replace our legacy system and introduction of new functionality and products
• Troubleshoot technical issues/bugs and identify modifications where required
• Testing of a robust set of services and APIs to power web applications
• Participate in discussions and planning around user acceptance
• Liaise with internal training department to aid new development roll outs to system users
• Contribute to vendor solution due diligence
• Coach and mentor staff members through training and individual support
• Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including agile scrum ceremonies
• Participate as a member of information technology teams, contributing to software development discussions, investigating the use of new development tools, and facilitating change.
Our core benefits (qualifying period may apply)
· Excellent annual leave allowance and flexible working opportunities
· Pension scheme
· Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption pay
· Employee assistance
· Learning and development
· Simply Health cash plan
· Staff discounts
· Interest free season ticket loan
· Cycle to work scheme