About the role:
Crypto.com is looking for a dynamic, experienced Head of Finance for the U.K. This position is critical to the continued success of the business and will provide leadership in the areas of Financial & Strategic Planning and Financial Governance & Reporting. The Head of Finance, UK will be based in London and report to the General Manager, UK.
You will be responsible for the financial planning, forecasting and financial reporting and will hold the overall responsibility for implementing internal finance controls. The Head of Finance will be responsible for the implementation of the financial framework, manage day-to-day banking relationships, conduct on-going reviews of the Company's payments, accounting, and finance procedures, set up the respective local systems and controls and ensure proper reporting, both internal and external regulatory reporting. Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain operating budgets, local accounting and reconciliation mechanisms and manage and oversee the cash flow of the company ensuring it has the appropriate treasury controls.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive financial strategy to support business growth goals, and regulatory requirements, ensuring all accounting activities and internal audits comply with financial regulations.
- Maintain and enhance the existing stress testing methodology and scenarios to ensure they continue to meet the needs of the Company and external regulatory requirements.
- Prepare and file financial statements, VAT returns and company income tax returns, as applicable.
- Prepare and file regulatory reporting as required by the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual forecasting and periodic reporting of financial results to the UK General Manager, Group CFO and Board of Directors.
- Conduct profit and cost analyses, identifying funding requirements and cost reduction strategies.
- Maintain and oversee banking relationships.
- Proven work experience (7+ years) as a Head of Finance, Director of Finance or similar role preferably in regulated institutions.
- In-depth understanding of cash flow management, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping.
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management with a depth of knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models.
- Demonstrated understanding of UK regulatory frameworks and requirements related to Financial institutions, Electronic Money, and cryptoassets.
- Proficiency in accounting software.
- Deep understanding of the fintech industry and products. Knowledge and experience within blockchain and cryptoassets operations is an advantage.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills and a proven history of working effectively with people at all levels both inside and outside the Company and within and across a decentralised international and matrixed environment.
- Proven analytical, organisational, decision-making and project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to execute under pressure whilst meeting deadlines.
- High degree of integrity, initiative, perseverance, and leadership skills.
- Educated to a degree level, ideally within Accounting, Finance, or relevant field, or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant certifications (e.g. CFA/CPA/ACA/ACCA) will be considered as an advantage.
What can you expect from us?
- We offer an attractive compensation package working in a cutting-edge field of Fintech.
- Flat team. Work side by side with the co-founding team
- Huge responsibilities from Day 1. Be the owner of your own learning curve. The possibilities are limitless and depend on you
- You get to work in a very dynamic environment and be part of an international team