BACK END ENGINEER
We're on a mission to change the way the world shops, making it a whole lot more personal.
From sneaker kings like Nike to fashion brands Levi's and rag & bone to disruptors like Deciem and Credo Beauty; the hottest brands in retail use Hero to bring virtual shopping to hundreds of millions of online shoppers. Through text, chat and video, shoppers can get the experience of the store without leaving their sofas - perfect for when they need real-time advice and style inspiration from someone in the know.
Hero helps brands make the shift to omnichannel; accelerating sales, motivating teams and elevating the shopping experience. Find out more at usehero.com or on Instagram at @heroappOur values:
Enjoy the ride; celebrate the wins, look for the learnings.
Go above and beyond; exceed your own expectations.
Obsess over the experience; the details make the difference.
Be an energy giver; not an energy taker.
This is a chance to work within a cross-functional team, responsible for the continuous delivery of new features within a complex and innovative retail software product. You'll have the chance to work closely with other engineers (App, Node, React), QA, designers, data scientists, product managers and retail specialists, on a range of complex problems.The Responsibilities:
You'll work on a range of new and existing features and initiatives as part of a collaborative, focused, cross-functional Scrum team, with the ultimate goal of delivering the most value to our users.
- Contribute to discovery workstreams around new feature design and development
- Design and implement platform API's and services to support React and Mobile Apps
- Get stuck in with the creation and ownership of new Microservices
- Help plan new, and refine existing, systems architecture
- Continually identify and harness new technologies and methodologies as we continue our progress towards best practice development
- Looking for experience working in a commercial environment and creating backend services for consumption by multiple apps.
- Experience with AWS, ElasticSearch and MongoDB with a keen interest in exploring new
- An eye for detail as well as an understanding of the broader impacts of your work across the rest of the engineering team and product as a whole.
- Work with a talented team of like minds who truly love what they do
- A competitive salary with annual compensation reviews
- Remote work environment
- 25 days of paid vacation with incremental days added each year
- Health Insurance Benefit Package
- Fully paid maternity and paternity leave
- A shiny new computer and all the software you need
- One month paid sabbatical after 5 years with Hero
- Generous paid sick and compassionate leave
- Plenty social events