Software Development Manager - Hands ON - PHP, LAMPPoole, Dorset
We're looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to lead and motivate a highly skilled and growing Development team. You'll need to be a strong leader with a background in software development. You'll need to possess excellent time management and communication skills, have experience in implementing and evangelising agile development practises and be committed to getting the best from the team. You will act as line manager to team of developers and ensure development is delivered on time and to a high standard.The Role...
- Line manager to team of developers including performance management, career development and employee well-being
- Work closely with Software Delivery Manager to optimise development processes and ensure development work is planned, scoped and estimated
- Ensure that all sub teams are working to agreed processes
- Meet deadlines in line with development strategy
- Ensure development is delivered on time and to high standard
- A minimum of 10 years commercial software development experience
- 5+ years' experience of leading a software development team
- A proven ability to engage with and motivate those reporting to you
- A proven ability to work with individuals to manage performance and set career objectives
- Mentoring senior and non-senior developers
- Setting delivery expectations and communicating progress
- Experience implementing and managing Agile development practises
- Experience with TDD and CI
- Experience architecting complex software solutions
- 5+ years' experience working with PHP
- 5+ years MYSQL and NoSQL database experience
- MVC framework experience
- HTML/CSS experience
- RESTful API experience
This company are on a huge growth curve and have a very exciting future. The past 12 months mark a 400% growth in business performance! Come and join the journey!
To apply send your CV to email@example.com or call 07826620054.