Maintenance Team Leader (12/7 days only)Based: Hertfordshire Salary: Up to £50,000 DOE (including shift allowance) + Bonus & Benefits (circa £65k total)
I am working exclusively with my world class manufacturing client to appoint an experienced and motivational engineering Maintenance Team Leader for their busy plant in north Hertfordshire.
The purpose of this site-based role is to provide leadership, coaching, & mentoring to a team of 14 multi-skilled engineers and technicians (with the support of a Deputy T/L) and coordination with embedded contractors in the delivery of 24/7 operational availability of the complex industrial site.
The shift pattern is 6am-6pm on a 5's and 4's pattern (so will include some weekend working). The role comes with a strong salary & guaranteed shift allowances (circa £50k), and their extensive benefits package on offer has an indicative potential total remuneration value of up to £65k.
Applications are invited from Engineering and Maintenance Team Leaders / Supervisors / Lead who have worked in heavy manufacturing and/or high volume, process driven environments (i.e. automotive, chemical, agro-chemical, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, refining, or similar).
In addition to an annual multi-million pound departmental maintenance budget, the in-house Engineering Team is also supported by the company's continued commitment of significant investment into asset management and the upgrading of the manufacturing infrastructure over the next few years.I am keen to engage with engineering professionals with the following attributes:
- Prior experience as a Maintenance Team Leader / Supervisor / Lead Engineer and/or of leading a team within a high volume, process driven manufacturing environment (i.e. chemical, food, agro-chemical, automotive, pharmaceutical, refining, or similar)
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proven track record of developing members of the engineering team through training, coaching and mentoring
- Ability to use LEAN methodologies within a team and co-ordinating the use of resources and fully utilising the skills within the team to meet operation and maintenance needs
- Ability to build upon relationships with Production Staff (from Operative level through to Management)
- Previous Shift based experience desirable but not essential
- Ideally have engineering skills, knowledge and experience of maintaining a wide range of equipment (mechanical, electrical and controls systems).
This is a challenging role; the successful applicant will be flexible, determined and self-motivated, with excellent communication skills. Candidates must hold a recognised engineering qualification / completed an engineering apprenticeship.